|Date Posted||May 22, 2018|
Job ID: 137263
Preferred Materials – Concrete Division, part of CRH South Division, is a leading supplier of ready mix concrete, concrete block, rebar and building materials in the state of Florida, providing the highest product quality and service in the construction industry. With headquarters in Bonita Springs, Florida, and operations in five key Florida markets, Preferred Materials provides municipalities, developers, architects, engineers, contractors, builders and suppliers a wide variety of construction materials and products. Our employees make Preferred Materials a great place to work. We promote a strong safety culture, where employees take responsibility for their own safety.
- The Area Operations Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of several ready-mix and concrete block plants. This includes hiring and training employees, maintaining the plant and yard, scheduling daily production, maintaining quality levels, developing a safe environment, adhering to environmental and local rules and regulations.
- The focus in this role is to exceed the customer and company requirements for Safety, Quality, Efficiency, preventative Maintenance and Housekeeping.
- This person manages and oversees the activities of the facilities with respect to production volume, cost, quality, production schedules and delivery dates.
- Coordinates with other facilities to establish production schedules to meet customer demands and optimize production capabilities.
- Performs routine employee evaluations and recommendations effecting employment and advancement, and arranges to have appropriate production records prepared and maintained per SOX and Company requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring all facilities maintain annual certifications of State D.O.T. and Environmental certifications.
- Ensures facilities maintain Federal, State and Local documents and reporting requirements as well as meet the goals set by corporate policies along with adhering to environmental and local rules and regulations.
Qualifications (Education/Experience) and Required Skills
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent experience in engineering, management or plant operations.
- 5 plus years prior experience managing people in production equipment, maintenance and/or quality control.
- Demonstrated ability to train, motivate and lead employees.
- Must possess DOT Batchman certification or the ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Experienced in the operation of ready-mix concrete producing equipment and accessory equipment, or other directly related industry experience required.
- Working knowledge of OSHA General Industries Standards including regulatory compliance document management.
- Environmental rules and regulations experience required.
- Forklift and Crane Operators certification or ability to obtain within a reasonable time period.
- Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
- Demonstrated functional knowledge of financial analysis and accounting skills.
- Basic knowledge of labor and employment laws.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good communication and motivational skills
- Experience using Command software, preferred.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Word and Excel applications
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Preferred Materials – Concrete Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.