|Date Posted||October 8, 2018|
Job ID: 143880
Preferred Materials – Concrete Division, part of CRH South Division, is a leading supplier of ready mix concrete, concrete block, rebar and building materials in the state of Florida, providing the highest product quality and service in the construction industry. With headquarters in Bonita Springs, Florida, and operations in five key Florida markets, Preferred Materials provides municipalities, developers, architects, engineers, contractors, builders and suppliers a wide variety of construction materials and products. Our employees make Preferred Materials a great place to work. We promote a strong safety culture, where employees take responsibility for their own safety.
- As an Account Manager for Preferred Materials, Inc. you will acquire new business by developing strong customer relationships, maintaining an active call back list, and creating and following-up referrals from existing customer base.
- You will sell ready mix concrete and related accessories to our many customers, including: DOT contractors, subcontractors, residential and commercial builders. Your previous sales experience with this group of clients is key to your success. You should know the area and have construction background.
- Our team will support your efforts and cultivate your career, by providing the information you need – and the independence that you want.
- Grow revenue with existing customers and leverage those relationships to identify other customer leads and opportunities
- Prepare job quotes for all bid work for assigned accounts, utilizing product and construction expertise to provide added value to the customer.
- Continually develop and enhance product expertise
- Quickly and efficiently resolve customer complaints and problems
- Actively manage and monitor business opportunities in assigned account base to maximize revenue
- Turn around quotes quickly and always within time requirements of customer
- Develop and maintain long term successful and loyal customer relationships
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years previous sales experience in concrete and/or building materials
- Local market knowledge with established relationships
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Professional demeanor both on the phone and in person
- Microsoft Office proficiency – Work, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to remain organized while handling multiple projects/tasks
- Ability to communicate with co-workers, customers and vendors (verbal and written)
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Experience working in a corporate sales environment with focus on commercial, DOT and key accounts
- Operations experience, a plus
- Formal Sales Training (relationship selling)
- Industry certifications (NRMCA, FCPA, MAF, FDOT, ACI)
- Previous customer service experience
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Preferred Materials – Concrete Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.