|Date Posted||October 24, 2018|
Job ID: 144698
Oldcastle APG, Inc., a CRH company, is a leading supplier of products for North America’s building and landscaping markets. Its products include concrete masonry and hardscapes, packaged cement mixes, packaged lawn and garden products and composite decking products that are sold through a variety of channels. Oldcastle APG is the innovator behind many of the industry’s well-known brands including Belgard Hardscapes, Echelon masonry products, Sakrete bagged dry-mixes, Anchor Wall Systems, MoistureShield composite decking, among others. With 200 operating locations and 6,000 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 35 states and 5 Canadian provinces. Oldcastle APG is a U.S. subsidiary of CRH Americas, a leading global diversified building materials group.
The role of the Accounts Payable Team Lead is to primarily work in close alliance with the AP Manager to support all APG entities through coordination and administration of various Accounts Payable functions including intricate technical activities and efficiency driven projects as directed. Prospective candidate must be acquainted with high volume and multi-tasking intensive environment and display a talent for creative problem solving, the ability to maintain grace under pressure, autonomous, strong verbal and written communication skills, multitasking and organizational versatility, the ability to articulate and formulate independently with high accuracy altitude and a consistent work patterns.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compile comprehensive USD/CAD currency defined Payment proposals for US and Canada divisions and ensure an effective system for disbursing timely payments, sustaining accurate and proper controls
- Manage, support, and administrate all components of the Purchase Card and Virtual Payables program for over 1,000 accounts including troubleshooting and problem-solving techniques
- Organize and prepare quarterly IRS vendor TIN match and annual 1099 data for filing and related form remittance
- Assist with internal and external annual and intermittent audit reviews, SOX testing, walkthroughs, and compilation of analytic data and support
- Assist AP Manager with streamlining processes and documentation of policies and procedures
- Prepare monthly/quarterly matrix for Expedited Requests, Pcard, and Self-Billing functions
- Analyse data flow between AP processes and resolve common and complex error or problems
- Provide customer service to internal and external customers at all levels of the organization promptly and professionally
- Post-secondary education an asset or equitable combination of training with applicable work experience in Accounting / Finance environment, however, minimum of 3 years Accounts Payable work experience in a high-volume setting and inter-company operations will be accepted
- Intermediate/advance level experience with Microsoft Excel, VLOOKUP and Pivot tables
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and internal controls
- Lawson ERP system experience is a plus or other similar systems and support applications
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment, meet time-sensitive deadlines and work well through ambiguity and complexity
- Highly developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience in managing Purchase Card programs
- Two or more years of supervisory experience
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle APG, Inc., a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.