|Date Posted||May 2, 2018|
Job ID: 135806
Georgia Masonry Supply is a division of the Oldcastle Architectural Products Group (APG). APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 165 operating locations and more than 5,000 employees.
Job Description Summary
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions and totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases
- Reconciles bank statements and report discrepancy problems
- Accurately prepare vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports and other records for review
- Codes data for input to financial data processing system according to company procedures
- Process credit memos to customers and processes weekly check run
- Work with dispatchers, drivers, and operations personnel to handle customer orders/complaints
- Audit freight bills against freight manifests
- Perform shipment confirmation, involves keying amounts delivered to customers and charging freight when applicable
- File miscellaneous receivers, copies of invoices and copies of delivery tickets
- Process sales tax returns in a complete and timely manner, including accounting distribution entries
- At least an Associates degree or equivalent from a two-year college; or equivalent in years of related experience or training
- At least two years Accounts Receivable experience
- Proficient in MS Office applications, especially Excel and Lawson
- Skilled and accurate in data entry and data research with 10-key operation experience
- Calculate figures such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Knowledge required on construction products, computers, inventory, and telephones
- Previous accounting experience
- Lien knowledge
- Experience collecting on past due accounts, preferably in the construction industry
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Georgia Masonry Supply is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Georgia Masonry Supply is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.