|Date Posted||May 16, 2018|
Come join our team!
Come join our team!
You're Gonna Love It Here!
When you work at Aqua-Aston, you become part of our ohana. We are a tightknit group of diverse individuals who encourage each other to be our best selves.
It's Not Just A Job
Our employees smile, not because we want our guests to feel welcome, but because we can’t help it. Our work is fulfilling because we’re in the business of spreading aloha to our guests.
We Make Promises
Aqua-Aston offers competitive benefits, opportunity for growth, and a fun, rewarding work environment. We believe respect and teamwork are integral to our company’s success.
Ensure Guests are treated with an Aloha Spirit, accurately, and efficiently. Provide guests with service that anticipates their needs. Complete work orders and assigned repairs pertaining to the physical plant. Complete basic maintenance repairs related to electrical, carpentry, plumbing, masonry and painting. Maintain knowledge of all emergency and safety procedures.
- Communicate in English language (written and oral) to the understanding of customers, guests, and co-workers.
- Lift and carry 50 lbs. from the ground level.
- Work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Repair and minimal installation of the following: ceramic tile, vinyl, and carpet.
- Recognize, troubleshoot and repair in the areas of electrical, plumbing and gas.
- Take measurements and make estimates of square footage, linear feet, determine quantities and quality of products or materials to be purchased or placed out to bid.
- Utilize basic math skills with a clear understanding of ratios, percentages, measurements, square feet, etc.
- Possess a high level of diplomacy and tact in dealing with a variety of clients and employees under stressful situations.
- Work with internal team members in assigned projects and hotel related functions.
- Read the English language sufficiently to ascertain information from chemical warning labels, safety signs, equipment manuals and posted instructions.
- Recognize and troubleshoot electrical and mechanical related repairs to components and fixtures inside domestic rooms and common areas.
- All other miscellaneous responsibilities as deemed appropriate and assigned by management
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with Management.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to work well under deadline pressure and/or travel.
- Knowledgeable in one or more building trade skills, electrical, plumbing
- carpentry, masonry and painting.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 2 years or more in a hotel, condominium, hospital or a comparable hospitality environment
- Able to successfully prioritize multiple assignments, follow through and complete in a timely manner.
- Knowledge in building repair to include electrical and plumbing
OSHA laws require the use of the following Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety.