|Date Posted||October 6, 2017|
County Materials Corp. is an industry leader in manufacturing and supplying a large selection of concrete construction and landscape products. Founded more than 70 years ago, the family-owned, American-based company has grown to operate more than 40 locations across the United States. With more than 1,500 employees, the strengths of this dynamic, fast-paced organization are built on its manufacturing capabilities, industry experience and customer-service-focus in infrastructure, transportation, commercial, municipal, agricultural, and residential applications.
County Materials is seeking an ambitious and self-motivated individual to join our sales team. This position is accountable for engaging architects, designers, engineers and specifying professionals to select and specify County Materials architectural masonry and hardscape landscape products with the intent to grow market share and strengthen County Material's position in concrete paving and architectural concrete masonry block within the Minneapolis/St.Paul territory and surrounding area. Using knowledge of masonry and landscape/hardscape products, this individual will be responsible for managing the project specification and linking the planning stages to successful completion, resulting in closed sales. This position will also be responsible for providing expertise, education and brand awareness to the key purchase influencer segments: Architects, Designers, Engineers and Consultants while adhering to the County Material's Leadership Commitments and core values.
- Responsible for growing and maintaining effective relationships with key purchase influencers (architects, designers, engineers) that lead to increased product specifications.
- Will work in conjunction with local, regional, and national promotional efforts within masonry and landscape/hardscape.
- Responsible for identifying and prospecting for new opportunities and contacts.
- Work closely with customers and architects to develop sales strategies and specifications.
- Be involved in relevant trade associations and events.
- Analyze market trends and develop action plans to capitalize on shifts in market.
- Prepare sales projects and prospecting activity reports for monthly meetings.
- This position will be responsible for scheduling and delivering learning and promotional presentations and to provide regular training sessions to cover product introductions and technical information to current and future clients.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience, training and education.
- Three to five years of experience in the building products industry.
- Effective training and presentation skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- High sales aptitude.
- Ability to analyze situation and identify opportunities for success.
- Effective decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Effective team interaction skills with high ability for collaboration with colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs and customer relationship management software.
- Strong mathematical and reasoning skills.
- Self-Motivated and ability to work independently.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record a must.
- Ability to travel on occasion.
- Concrete, Masonry and/or Landscape/Hardscape product line experience.
- Experience promoting and selling or working within the architectural, engineering and design communities.
- Knowledge of Masonry and landscape/hardscape products.
- Three to five years related experience managing a sales territory.
- Thorough understanding of specification and finish schedule writing.