|Date Posted||April 13, 2018|
Job ID: 134437
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co., a member of the Oldcastle Materials Northwest Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
Asphalt Plant Loader Operator
Construction / Rathdrum, ID
Operates loader to ensure proper supply of materials to the asphalt plant, trucks and other assigned areas.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Ensure necessary supply of materials for asphalt plant is available.
- Load trucks with proper materials for delivery.
- Fuel, oil, grease and check other necessary loader parts to ensure proper function of equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness of plant premises.
- Perform general maintenance and repair on equipment as assigned.
- Stomp lumps and poke material during cold weather.
- Assist crew, including shoveling and clean-up.
- Routinely assist with general labor and maintenance tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Previous construction related experience required.
- Two years’ experience operating crusher plant highly preferred.
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance and attendance.
- Must have good depth perception and coordination to operate machine controls.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with all departments and customers on the phone and in person.
- Demonstrated good computer skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Demonstrates a willingness to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrates ability to work and communicate well with Supervisors, Truck Drivers, Heavy Equipment Operators and other employees.
- Demonstrates the ability to conform to and maintain OSHA, MSHA, DOT and all other company or state rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Must pass pre-employment physical exam and pre-employment controlled substance testing.
To view a complete job description and apply on-line:
Requisition #: 134437
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co. is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.