|Date Posted||October 25, 2018|
Backend Web Developer Full Time, Direct Hire Brick, NJ
Fast growing Point of Sale technology company is looking to add to its team of Backend Developers. This is a full time position, located in Brick, New Jersey. The ideal candidate will have 5 or more years experience. Linux, PHP, AWS Services, and Git are all things you must have to join this team.
We currently have several openings for our development team. This opportunity is for back end development on our different mobile and web applications.
We look for self-starters, who work independently or part of a small team when needed while developing software for our merchants, their customers, and NRS internal operations. We expect our teammates to contribute to overall architectural and design discussions. You will generally be responsible for the complete life cycle of back end features including design, implementation and deployment.
- Experience with various AWS services and their management/operations including Kinesis, SQS, and Lambda (serverless) functions
- Comfortable using curl and S3 tools for inter-system data exchange
- Ability to create PHP based web services (APIs) using Slim routing, PostgreSQL and Redis
- Ability to create shell scripts, including those that will import and export data, when needed
- Feel at home with Linux
- Fluency in SQL
- Minimum of 5 years of programming experience
- Degree in Computer Science
We Prefer to See:
- Teammates who can create scalable, fault-tolerant web architectures in AWS
- Experience with Node.js as a back end language alternative
- Experience with using a distributed source code control system such as Git (preferred)
- Linux server management ability