|Date Posted||December 4, 2018|
A Brick Mason performs the following duties:
o Plan, construct refractory patterns, incidental forms and filter boxes.
o Lay refractory brick masonry brick, tile insulation and cement blocks, mix and place castable refractories, plaster grouting, pre-cast materials and diffuser tubes.
o Perform limited burning and welding.
o Operate industrial and automotive trucks, pendant, overhead controlled cranes and aerial personnel lifts.
o Set up rigging.
o Prepare surfaces for painting and apply coatings. Use brushes and compressed air spray equipment to apply coatings. Gun furnaces.
o Set up and operate band and table saws, drill press, transit or level.
o Read and interpret blue prints, diagrams, and sketches.
o Enter time, keep records logs, and reports.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution;
- Minimum 2 years of verifiable on the job experience performing Brick Mason or masonry work;
- Employee must be able to perform essential job functions of this department;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position;
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Successful completion of a certified masonry apprentice program or equivalent training.