|Date Posted||August 9, 2018|
Job ID: 141462
Oldcastle Architectural, a CRH company, is a leading supplier of products for North America’s building and landscaping markets. Its products include concrete masonry and hardscapes, packaged cement mixes, packaged lawn and garden products and composite decking products that are sold through a variety of channels. Oldcastle Architectural is the innovator behind many of the industry’s well-known brands including Belgard Hardscapes, Echelon masonry products, Sakrete bagged dry-mixes, Anchor Wall Systems, MoistureShield composite decking, among others. With over 165 operating locations and 5,000 employees, Oldcastle Architectural operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces. Oldcastle Architectural is a U.S. subsidiary of CRH plc., a leading global diversified building materials group.
Job Description Summary
The new Chief Information Officer of Oldcastle’s Architectural Products Group will be an analytical thinker who is driven to enhance and further the mission of the organization by leveraging technology. This executive will serve as a true partner to the business and will drive the information technology strategy to create value across the organization. The successful candidate will collaborate with the operational and functional leadership to integrate and enable the strategy through technology.
The CIO will manage the centralized IT function, developing relationships with and understanding the needs of the business across APG and effectively designing, deploying and supporting technology solutions to best serve local operations. The successful candidate is a well-rounded technology professional who is strategic, customer-focused and adaptable, with proven experience leading through technology driven innovation. Possessing credibility through experience in leading successful change in IT, this person will assess the IT organization and effectiveness, then will develop a strategy to further enhance the team and drive increased impact to the mission of the Oldcastle Architectural Products Group
The Chief Information Officer’s responsibilities and accountabilities will also include the following:
- IT Vision and Strategy: Develop short-and long-term Information Technology vision and strategic plans.
- Culture: Build a customer-service oriented tone and develop a responsive, effective team that keeps the mission of the organization top of mind.
- IT Governance: Provide effective management of the organization’s portfolio of systems and projects
- Applications: Direct the definition, architecture, development, implementation and support of systems which enable and drive business objectives by providing:
- Technology, Infrastructure & Telecommunications: Maintain knowledge of current and emerging information technologies, and voice and data communications.
- Operations: Direct the continuous and secure operation, administration and maintenance of the Organization’s computing and networking infrastructure
- Customer Service: Develop the necessary skills and capabilities across all of IT to ensure that all interactions with IT reflect a positive customer experience for the end user / constituent.
- Management: Hire, develop, appraise, reward, discipline and retain a highly-qualified IT professional staff.
- Collaboration: Establish good working relationships and partnerships with APG Executives, Division Leadership, Performance Leaders, and corporate functions that IT need to work with and through.
- Budgeting: Create the IT budget, monitor performance against the budget, and act to ensure budget compliance. Create effective partnerships and negotiate advantageous agreements with service providers and hardware/software vendors.
- A strong leader, with a passion and drive, this individual will have 10+ years’ experience evaluating IT organizations, developing and implementing strategies, and leading the organization to partner with a business to integrate with the strategy.
- Experience as a strategic, innovative and pragmatic thinker, and a results-oriented leader driven by opportunity to improve effectiveness and efficiency both internally and externally. He/she must set expectations, deliver against those expectations, and provide exceptional IT leadership.
- Strong business and financial acumen with the ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment.
- Excellent leadership abilities and management skills with a proven record of strategic planning, functional transformation, change management, sourcing and budget and resource management.
- Experience with all aspects of software and supporting hardware and networking, and experience in applying technology in a mission-critical systems environment, with considerable experience in initiating enterprise-wide technological changes to improve business processes.
- Expertise in large-scale program and project planning and implementation, portfolio management, IT governance is essential, as is sourcing and technology-partnership development.
- Other important personal attributes include but are not limited to professionalism, integrity, dedication, a high level of energy, excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal and relationship building and management skills. Critical thinking, creative problem-solving and decision-making skills are also required.
- An Undergraduate degree is required; MBA or advanced degree in Computer Technology preferred.
- Experience with ERP systems is necessary, with Lawson experience and experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Architectural, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.