|Date Posted||October 10, 2017|
Our client is a leader in the American nuclear industry offering innovative total systems solutions for used fuel and radioactive waste management and nuclear transportation.
They have an immediate need for a Civil Engineer with concrete expertise. This is a 1 year+ contract assignment. Compensation open. Per diem/expenses not provided, so local candidates preferred.
Civil Engineer Job Description:
For Precast Reinforced Concrete Structures:
- Prepare the procurement specifications and design drawings, review the concrete contractor's documents (material testing reports, drawings, routers, special process procedures, inspection and test procedures, etc.
- Prepare design changes and non-conformance evaluations as required during fabrication, and provide technical direction and oversight to subcontractors.
- Similar responsibilities for fabrication of steel structures and embedments that are installed in the precast concrete structures.
- Provide technical assistance to the customer for design of the concrete pad to support the HSMs, and the layout of the modules on the pad.
- Oversee and provide technical assistance to the subcontractor or the owner who erects the precast units at the power plant's spent fuel storage facility.
- Help develop new concrete module designs or improve existing ones, with particular attention to practical design considerations including ease of casting, transporting, and installing, and incorporating lessons learned in the field.
Civil Engineer Requirements:
- BS or MS Civil Engineering plus 3-5 years of engineering experience in one of the following areas:
- Experience with mix designs, rebar detailing, batching and placement of concrete
- Experience with precast or cast in place concrete in nuclear or DOE environment
Preferred Civil Engineer Experience:
- Experience with ACI 318 and ACI 349
- Experience or coursework using AWS D1.1 welding code
- Experience or coursework using AISC standards for steel structures
- Experience or coursework in construction management
- Experience or coursework on design and stress analysis for reinforced concrete structures