|Location||Denver, CO, CO|
|Date Posted||February 11, 2019|
A growing contractor in Denver with a great reputation is growing and looking for an additional Project Manager to join the team! They focus on civil and underground utilities construction projects.
- Strictly adhere to and promote at all levels onsite project Safety, Quality and Productivity Processes.
- Maintain or produce greater gross profit margins compared to bid, while frequently reporting to Senior Project Manager regarding any and all significant variance to job costs or project related issues.
- Strictly adhere to perform extra work only upon written customer authorization.
- Work with Superintendents and Foremen to plan, organize and direct daily activities concerned with underground utilities and site work construction projects.
- Ensure that all pre-planning is done and documented prior to actual field work starting:
- a. Review Contract Documents and Specifications, to understand requirements of project, pricing, costs, and scope.
- b. Complete Bid-To-Win Bid; Foundation Import and Build-To-Win upload prior to job pre-con meetings.
- c. Ensure JHA & work plans are completed with safety department and with Superintendent/Foreman involvement.
- d. Coordinate with Senior Project Manager to establish pre-planning and pre-con meetings.
- e. Manage Submittal procurement from all subcontractors, vendors and suppliers, and coordinate with APM’s.
- f. Attend preconstruction meetings with GC/Owner and City entities.
- g. Create Construction Overall and 3 Week Schedules. Review with Superintendent for Best Management Practices.
- h. Understand Subcontractor Proposals and Scope.
- i. Understand Billing Requirements to client.
- j. Procure necessary permits.
- k. Manage Material “Buyout” to capitalize on potential opportunities. Create necessary PO’s to complete project.
- l. If Required, Coordinate / prepare all bonding documents and submit to surety / client.
- Manage project construction coordination from initiation to closure for multiple construction projects. Direct execution of all aspects of projects, including: Safety Meetings, pre-bid meetings, project start-up, contract management, change order management, project cost controls, cost projections, , subcontractor management, and cash flow management.
- Project scheduling. Plan work with Superintendents and foremen for all operations, for the duration of project. Daily monitoring of project.
- Conduct Detailed Reviews as required to determine the cause of cost variances and to take appropriate action to correct problems
- Review and Approve Purchase Order and Subcontractor invoices.
- Prepare and Submit Timely Billings based on Schedule of Values. Manage A/R collection as required.
- Oversight of Extra Work Orders (EWO)
- Establish and maintain effective client relations to achieve active cooperation, prompt payment and referral/recommendations for additional business opportunities.
- Act as a leader within the organization as it relates to business development, bid preparation,selling and closing new work, and building new client relationships
- Provide oversight of project teams ensuring that all safety regulations are met and enforced;bottom line responsibility for safety with all contractors and company personnel at all times. Provides input to Safety Director on JHA development for project specific needs.
- Ensure consistent adherence to quality, environmental compliance, reporting requirements, documentation of service provided, etc.
- Provide leadership to the team and extensive network of subcontractors.
- Is expected to be capable of driving company vehicle with all driving requirements of driving record and safe operations.