|Date Posted||August 22, 2018|
TAS Commercial Concrete Construction is a leader in the concrete construction industry providing customer satisfaction, quality, production, safety, and integrity since 1980. Our concrete services include light commercial, structural, industrial, tilt wall, turnkey, pour and finish, and pumping in the Houston, Dallas/Fort Worth and Central Texas areas. Our rich history and accomplished portfolio has consistently ranked TAS among ENR Top Concrete Contractors since 1995. TAS is an operating subsidiary of Orion Group Holdings, Inc. (www.oriongroupholdingsinc.com).
At TAS, we provide peace of mind as much as we do concrete services. It's what the company's reputation is built on and how our clients benefit from working with us. Clients who know us best are assured we have the resources and commitment to handle every aspect of the job with their interests in mind. That's why they choose to work with us time and again.
For additional information, go to: www.tasconcrete.com.
About the job:
TAS Commercial Concrete Construction has an immediate opening for a Sr. Estimator, in Houston, TX. This position is accountable for analysis of project plans, specifications, soils reports and other related project information then determines cost estimates including, but not limited to, materials, labor rates and hours, equipment, supplier costs, and subcontractor costs to prepare bid proposals.
- Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements.
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates for bidding purposes, management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work; selecting vendors or subcontractors; and determining cost effectiveness.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Obtains support and commitment to the cost estimates through interfacing with other individuals in the organization.
- Assists as necessary in organizing and managing a centralized cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilized.
- Provides improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
- All employees, current and former, must maintain confidentiality by not disclosing to others any confidential, proprietary or trade secret information belonging to the Company.
- Responsible and accountable for incumbent’s own personal safety.
- Responsible and accountable for the safety of all co-workers and any others incumbent encounters.
- Authorized and obligated to stop work on any task or series of tasks whenever an unsafe condition or situation is anticipated or is observed.
- Complies with all applicable laws, regulations and Company policies and procedures, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so.
- Reports all violations of applicable laws, regulations or Company policies and procedures promptly, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so.
- Performs other related administrative and technical duties as may be assigned or requested by immediate supervision (such as certification training, safety training, procedure review, etc.).