|Date Posted||May 11, 2018|
Midsouth Paving, Inc., part of Oldcastle Materials Southeast Division, is a leading supplier of quality asphalt and Construction Services in the Southeastern U.S., with operations in Alabama, southern Tennessee, Georgia and the Florida Panhandle. Working with government agencies, private contractors, counties and municipalities, we produce millions of tons of quality construction materials and pave many miles of highways every year. Our highly skilled workforce strives to deliver the highest quality products and services in a safe, timely and efficient manner, on every project. Midsouth Paving, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Participant.
This is a highly skilled position involving various manual tasks associated with the finishing of concrete to job specifications. Must have at least three years experience actually finishing concrete on road construction projects. projects.
- Finishes wet surfaces to grade on all types of concrete work requiring a fine finish safely and efficiently.
- Uses tools such as float, trowel, screed, template, hand shovel, motorized tamp, push broom or 10’-16’ straight edge on extended handle up to fifteen feet long.
- Operates Concrete Finishing machine
- Will perform other manual task as assigned per supervisor.
- Must be able to repetively lift up to 30 pounds, walk, stoop, squat, sit, kneel.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Knowledge of equipment/tools and their uses
- Understand and apply basic mathematical skills (adding, subtracting, division, & multiplication)
- Knowledge of basic measurements and how to read a tape measure
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); and three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials, Southeast Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
EOE / M / F / Vet / Disability
Oldcastle Materials, Southeast Divisions is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.