|Date Posted||April 12, 2019|
Job ID: 150472
Midsouth Paving, Inc., part of CRH’s South Division, is a leading supplier of quality asphalt and Construction Services in the Southeastern U.S., with operations in Alabama, southern Tennessee, Georgia and the Florida Panhandle. Working with government agencies, private contractors, counties and municipalities, we produce millions of tons of quality construction materials and pave many miles of highways every year. Our highly skilled workforce strives to deliver the highest quality products and services in a safe, timely and efficient manner, on every project. Mid-South Paving, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Participant.
This position has primary responsibilities for the day to day operations, of the concrete crew or multiple projects for all concrete construction projects. Project staffing and selection of required equipment to perform tasks in line with budgeted cost and production schedules is necessary. Safe, efficient production will be a primary concern of this position. Project planning will be necessary to achieve the goals of production and safety, as well as timely completion of projects.
- Lead personnel in performing concrete work on roadwork and site work projects. Specific concrete work would include curb and gutter, curbing inlets, headwalls, flumes, driveways, and similar items.
- Promote a safe working culture for all employees; work with safety and field personnel to minimize risk and increase safety for employees at all times
- Ensure safety policies are enforced and safe work practices are applied to all tasks.
- Ensure Pre-job inspections are completed.
- Act in an ethical manner, portray a positive Company image and promote customer relations.
- Assure progress reports are turned in on schedule.
- Leadership in daily T5 and weekly Toolbox Talks.
- Ensure daily timesheets filled out for all personnel.
- Review job quality to ensure customer specifications are being met and eliminate rework.
- Provide input to project manager for schedule updates, material variances, and changes to scope of work.
- Initiate daily performance dialogues with foreman and ensure that those are dialogues are being passed down. Examples include daily flash reports, productivity reports and target information.
- Facilitate pre-shift crew meetings to establish and communicate shift goals.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Responsible for hours and costs of manpower, equipment and trucking on concrete crews.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Construction Technology or Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years related experience in concrete construction and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success in managing employees and/or leading a crew.
- Some experience creating, working within and/or administering an assigned budget, preferred or ability to learn same.
- Proven ability to develop relationships and to work with teams as both a leader and a participant.
- A working knowledge of customer specifications will be necessary to ensure a quality project avoiding re-work or punch list work.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills; building rapport, listening, presenting, giving and receiving feedback.
- High standard of ethics, integrity and trust.
- Must be able to pass pre -employment criminal background check.
- Must possess a valid drivers license.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures outlined in Employee Handbook.
- Moderate travel required; must be willing to work in or travel to other locations as needed.
- Must be available as needed during non-traditional work hours.
- Must be able to work independently and with groups.
- Must be able to work under time constraints as needed.
- Must display a professional and courteous attitude toward co-workers, supervisors and general public at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to pass pre -employment drug screening, physical, and criminal background check.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to safely drive a vehicle for long periods of time.
- Able to work extended hours if needed.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Midsouth Paving, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.