|Date Posted||April 10, 2018|
Looking for 4 Concrete Laborers to be assisting with concrete work. The concrete work is for parking lots, manufacturing plant floors, parking structures, and concrete walls. These concrete workers will be assisting the Foreman and Concrete Finishers. This is a physically demanding job.
This work includes (technical terms): layouts, foundations, flat work, press pits, site work, curbs, etc. They will be performing concrete erection and fixing and patching concrete repairs.
- Measure distance between grading and layout of each concrete block
- Building and tying rebar for the forms
- Building wooden frames for the concrete to be poured into
- Working with 2'x6' panels that fasten with wedge bolts that will help build the form
- Mixing and shoveling concrete
- Assist crew leader in checking pre-pours
- Pouring concrete
- Smooth, level, and finish surfaces of poured concrete
- Assist with raking finishing
- Installing metal studs, trimming, etc. into concrete walls
- Install baseboards on the floor
- Drilling holes into reinforced concrete
- Some finish carpentry work
Start at 7-8am and work until the job is done; usually 10 hour days, 5-6 days/week.
- 1+ years of concrete experience
- Experience with at least one of the following tools: float, mixer, screed, edger, trowel, or wedge bolt
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs. consistently
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.