|Date Posted||March 14, 2019|
Job ID: 149294
Midsouth Paving, Inc., part of CRH’s South Division, is a leading supplier of quality asphalt and Construction Services in the Southeastern U.S., with operations in Alabama, southern Tennessee, Georgia and the Florida Panhandle. Working with government agencies, private contractors, counties and municipalities, we produce millions of tons of quality construction materials and pave many miles of highways every year. Our highly skilled workforce strives to deliver the highest quality products and services in a safe, timely and efficient manner, on every project. Midsouth Paving, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Participant.
This is a laborer position involving various manual tasks associated with the finishing of concrete to job specifications. Must have experience actually performing tasks related to the finishing of concrete on road construction projects. Must be capable and willing to continuously perform the physical tasks associated with production concrete work – shoveling, placing, and screeding concrete, shoveling and grading for concrete, lifting and carrying form materials, operating various tools
- Assists in the finishing of wet surfaces to grade on all types of concrete work requiring a fine finish safely and efficiently.
- Uses tools such as float, trowel, screed, template, hand shovel, motorized tamp, push broom or 10’-16’ straight edge on extended handle up to fifteen feet long.
- Will perform other manual task as assigned per supervisor.
- Prior concrete experience required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; and prior concrete experience
- Must be able to repetively lift 50 pounds, walk, stoop, squat, sit, kneel.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Knowledge of equipment/tools and their uses
- Understand and apply basic mathematical skills (adding, subtracting, division, & multiplication)
- Knowledge of basic measurements and how to read a tape measure
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Midsouth Paving, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.