|Date Posted||February 7, 2019|
Construction lab to prepare, form and pour concrete foundations and shafts for steel storage tanks, vessels, and structures. These fabricated steel products include, but are not limited to; elevated tanks, flat bottom tanks, pressure vessels, spheres, structural steel and other miscellaneous fabricated steel products.
- May mix cement or epoxy grouts using concrete mixing machine or hoe.
- Signals the concrete deliverer to position truck to facilitate pouring.
- May build or reinforce forms or bracing prior to pours.
- Loads, transports and unloads tools, equipment and supplies.
- Spreads concrete to specified depth and workable consistency, using a float to bring water to surface and produce soft topping.
- Levels, smoothes and shapes surfaces of freshly poured concrete, using straight edge and float or power screed.
- Finishes concrete surfaces using power trowel or wets and rubs concrete with abrasive stone to specified finish.
- Remove rough or defective spots from concrete surfaces, power grinder or chisel and hammer and patches holes with fresh concrete or epoxy compound.
- Spray cement mortar or concrete to cover exposed earth, masonry, and steel surfaces and forcing grout into drilled holes or spaces between foundations.
- Molds expansion joints and edges using edging tools, jointers and straight edge.
- May direct sub-grade work and setting of forms.
- Assists in lifting, positioning and securing of materials and work pieces.
- Perform minor maintenance and cleaning activities with tools and equipment.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
- Minimum of 12 months documented field experience.
- Compare and see differences in size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
- Rate information using standards that can be measured or checked.
- Calculate amounts of concrete required for each job.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)
Company Overview:McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutionsfrom the wellhead to the storage tankto transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.