|Date Posted||March 6, 2018|
Imagine working for one of the most respected and experienced construction contractors in Utah while developing concrete mixes that will be used in highly visible and substantial projects across the state. Enjoy a great company environment, industry leading benefits, and high levels of customer interaction as you work on major highways, pipeline construction, and even airport runway projects. Experience the satisfaction that comes from being the best in the business as the concrete provider of choice for contractors in the area.
Due to a promotion, Geneva Rock Products is searching for a Concrete Engineer to operate out of their headquarters in Murray, UT. You will directly report to the Senior Concrete Engineer, the same person who was previously in this role! Learn from his industry experience and see why he loves working with Geneva Rock. In this role you will be responsible for product quality and providing technical assistance and training to customers and employees.
Some of the benefits to you:
- Top level salary based on your experience + performance bonuses
- Industry leading benefits – Including complete medical, dental, vision, 401k with generous match, profit sharing, front loaded personal leave program, and continuing education incentives.
- Locally owned company – The company is privately owned and operated with the principal stockholder being members of the Clyde family. They are proud to maintain strong ties with the communities in which they operate.
- Strong reputation – Geneva Rock is built on a business philosophy that always places long-term relationships and trust over convenience and short-term financial gain. But don’t take our word for it. Ask around. Take a good look at the company’s work and reputation and experience the Geneva Rock difference for yourself.
- Award winning – Each year, Geneva Rock is proud to be recognized for the caliber of their projects and their people. They have been honored with such awards as the “Best Partnering Large Project 2017” and “Large Contractor of the Year 2017” awards from UDOT and AGC of Utah.
- Community involvement – Geneva Rock plays an active role in the community. They are proud to give back through construction products and equipment usage donations, as well as the volunteered time of their employees. The company owes much of its heritage to the communities of Utah and takes the opportunity to return the favor to residents throughout the State each year.
- Environmental responsibility – Geneva Rock was honored to be recognized by Utah Business as a Green Business Award recipient for 2017. The company was recognized for its air quality initiatives, as well as impressive recycling program. Some impressive numbers: 1.7 billion gallons of water are reused each year thanks for their zero-waste facility; 1 million tons of asphalt, concrete, and aggregate that are recycled by Geneva Rock each year; and the equivalent of 8,000 cars have been taken off the road thanks to their investment in natural gas concrete mixers.
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by! Apply now!
Email your resume to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] Please include "WR 15707 – Concrete Materials Engineer" in the subject line, or your resume may be overlooked.
- Design and implement concrete mixes while providing expert advice on concrete mix designs on projects.
- Coordinate and troubleshoot concrete problems related to quality of the products.
- Research and develop new products and update concrete technical library and quality control manuals.
- Provide in-house testing of ready mix concrete for operations and customers (e.g. slump, air, strength).
- Assist in National Ready Mix Concrete Association (NRMCA) plant inspections and quality control procedures.
- Accumulate data that will provide statistical information for future decision analysis.
About the Company: Since its establishment in 1954, Geneva Rock Products has become one of the most respected and experienced construction contractors in the state of Utah. They offer a variety of construction project experience, including grading and asphalt pavement, pipeline and utility construction, excavation and site work, as well as design-build and CMGC services for specialty contractors and organizations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.