|Date Posted||June 12, 2018|
S&W Ready Mix Concrete Company, Titan America, has an excellent opportunity for a Ready Mix Concrete Plant Supervisor in Holly Ridge, NC. The Plant Supervisor is responsible for directing and managing all ready mix concrete plant operations with overall responsibilities for safety, batch operations, production, maintenance, quality and other production-related activities. This position ensures compliance with all standards, policies, and regulations for safe, environmentally-sound production of quality concrete products.
- Functions as a first line supervisor overseeing plant employees and drivers in production and delivery.
- Ensure that all products produced meet or exceed customers’ expectations regarding quality and service. Ensure adequate inventories in order to meet customer needs.
- Schedule material deliveries according to information provided by Dispatch office (according to customer needs). Ensure deliveries are made promptly, safely and efficiently.
- Ensure that a safe workplace is maintained, based on company policies and OSHA guidelines.
- Follows Company, State and Local rules and regulations, including but not limited to environmental and safety rules and regulations, and ensures all direct reports are performing their roles in the same manner.
- Responsible for operating the ready mix batch plan using an automated computerized batching system.
- Inspect plant facilities, equipment and ready mix units to assure required maintenance, housekeeping, truck cleaning and safety standards are being upheld. Troubleshoots and resolves plant maintenance problems to ensure efficient and reliable plant operations.
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of paperwork resulting from daily business; on occasion, handle cash sales from customers in accordance with established practices and policy.
- Ensure that employees are working efficiently and consistently with company policies and guidelines.
- Maintain good working relationships with co-workers and outside agencies’ personnel.
- Control and minimize plant costs while providing a consistent quality product.
- Manage corporately approved disciplinary procedures pertaining to drivers and operators assigned to plant.