|Date Posted||August 23, 2018|
Title of Position: Quality Control Technician
Position Level: Entry
Location: Brick/Englishtown N.J.
The primary responsibility of the Quality Control Technician is to ensure concrete chemistry and construction projects are in compliance with plans and specifications. This position includes industry testing of concrete consistency, air, water, color, and chemical content. The qualified candidate will be able to communicate with and interact with construction personnel, inspectors, plant managers and drivers concerning the concrete materials used on a particular job.
Through a combination of growth and acquisitions, Silvi Concrete has become one of the largest manufacturers and suppliers of concrete products in the Northeast, US. Today, the company manufactures concrete at multiple locations and supplies those plants with materials from its own mining operations and deep-water port facility.
Position Essential Functions Responsibilities
· Arrives at the plant or job site prior to the first concrete delivery.
· Performs the initial and ongoing testing of aggregate and concrete for gradation, moisture, slump, air content, temperature
· After evaluation of the above factors, maintains contact with plant operations and/or QC, to ensure that necessary adjustments (if required) to the mixture are made.
· When the concrete comes to the job site places some of the batch in cylinders.
· In the lab, performs tests that measure the compressive strength of concrete cylinders.
· Compares that value to the design value to ensure compliance with specifications.
· Communicates information to the appropriate individuals/agencies.
· Directly handles concrete during various testing.