|Date Posted||March 9, 2018|
S&W Ready Mix, Titan America is seeking a Quality Control Specialist for the Coastal Division in North Carolina. The primary work location will be in Castle Hayne, NC. The selected candidate will be to provide Quality Control and jobsite support to our ready mix concrete operations while learning the technical properties of concrete. Future development will progress into production, operations, logistics, customer service, and sales. The candidate will develop strong leadership skills to grow into an effective manager in the concrete industry.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Monitor and sample raw materials for compliance of applicable specifications.
- Provide Quality Control by monitoring concrete productions and procedures for our ready-mix plants.
- Conduct plant inspections and audits for conformance to the SOP.
- Provide training to staff & personnel, internal & external programs.
- Observe job site testing and conduct comparison testing with independent testing agencies.
- Ability to read and interpret construction specifications and blueprints and determine concrete mix designs being utilized to ensure quality.
- Assess jobsite conditions and recommend solutions to ensure efficient operations.
- Compile and graph test data and plant records for specification compliance in commercial and DOT specifications.
- Carry out all pertinent ASTM, ACI, and DOT testing procedures to provide Quality Control and data for producing quality concrete that meets customer specifications.
- Assist Area Manager, Sales Manager, and Customer Service Manager with operational support around plants and job sites.
- Manage projects to support the business including quality, production, and maintenance as needed.