|Date Posted||August 8, 2018|
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Concrete & Roads Supervisor
The Concrete & Roads Supervisor will be based at one of four PAE sites in Iraq and serve the Operations and Maintenance Support Services (OMSS) in support of the U.S. Department of State. This position will be responsible for construction support on small construction, concrete road repairs and will report to the O&M Manager. The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals. Provide information and materials to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
- Repair, maintain buildings and concrete roads.
- Mix mortar, lay bricks and/or concrete sidewalks.
- Make and repair steps, install and repair tile floors, and perform carpentry work incidental to masonry work.
- Smooth and finish surfaces of poured concrete floors, walls, sidewalks, or curbs to specified textures.
- Use hand tools or power tools, including floats, trowels, and screeds.
- Direct and operate a concrete truck.
- Spread concrete into inaccessible sections of forms, using rake or shovel.
- Level concrete to specified depth and workable consistency; finishing concrete surfaces, using power trowel, wet and rub concrete with abrasive stone to impart finish; removing rough or defective spots from concrete surfaces; molding expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge.
- May specialize in finishing steps and stairways and may break up and repair old concrete surfaces, using pneumatic tools; or may produce colored or textured finishes by adding colored stone chips, powdered steel, or coloring powder on concrete to produce prescribed finish.
- Prepare and submit detailed reports on concrete projects for the Management
- Perform additional duties as assigned as required.
- Minimum Acceptable Experience Level: The Concrete and Roads Supervisor must have a minimum of three (3) years compatible experience as a mason or trade school training in concrete repair and new concrete construction.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Education: A high school diploma or GED. Certificate from a vocational program is preferred.
- Licenses: Valid drivers’ license from Home of Record and valid truck driver’s license from Home of Record.
- Security Vetting: Already possess a US Government issued security clearance or able to obtain US Government clearance prior to being hired is required for the position. Must maintain eligibility at the required certification or clearance level for the duration of the contract.
- Language Skills: Strong, professional, oral and written English communication skills.
- Citizenship: US Citizenship is required.
- Medical: Successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by PAE and our customer for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
- Previous out of home country experience is highly desirable and previous work experience in harsh environmental conditions is a plus.
- Experience working with PAE.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of all principles and processes involved in supporting contract responsibilities at an overseas facility.
- Experience providing excellent customer services.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
- Must have the ability to be innovative and be an agent for change.
- Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information.
This position may be located in a war zone, in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment. Temperatures can reach 120- 130 degrees Fahrenheit/50-55 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Employees must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere, extreme environment, as well as willing and able to deploy to Iraq for extended periods. Work schedules are a minimum of 6 days per week and 10 hours per day, while some jobs have higher daily and weekly minimums. Employees must be willing and able to perform physical activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time and being capable of running and ‘duck & cover’ during emergencies without putting oneself or others at risk.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.