|Date Posted||February 7, 2018|
Postal/Zip Code: 37914
Since 1947, Harrison Construction Company, an Oldcastle Materials company, has been the preferred source for ground-level site construction throughout eastern Tennessee and western North Carolina. Committed to quality, service and safety, our integrated products and services enable us to build and manage site development projects from concept through construction. In addition, by being a part of the Oldcastle family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form Oldcastle. Oldcastle is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top five ready mixed concrete producers in the United States. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CONCRETE SALES REPRESENTATIVE – TN
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, HARRISON CONSTRUCTION has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
The sales representative is responsible for facilitating external sales of concrete and construction services in our Eastern Tennessee market by maintaining high quality communications between our existing customer base, future customers, and the operating departments. The successful candidate will develop future sales opportunities through quotation, customer communication, relationship building and project tracking.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Comprehensive sales and marketing of concrete services to all end users. Customer base includes private general and site contractors, municipalities, commercial businesses and various agencies within the eastern Tennessee area.
- Representing Harrison with our customers and spending a majority of the time in the field strengthening those relationships, closing sales and prospecting for new leads.
- Follow up on all sales/quotes in a timely manner.
- Keep fully abreast of the current marketing conditions and the activities of competitors.
- Develop and strengthen relations with our existing FOB concrete customers.
- Development of new customers.
- Strive to provide excellent service to all our clients.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Utilization of Salesforce.com as the primary sales tool for all leads, key customer management and information portal.
- Prepare required paperwork, including quotes, bid documents, contracts, subcontracts, job worksheets, special price forms, credit approvals, billing reports, sales reports/information request, etc. accurately and in a timely manner.
- Review/update monthly backlogs and enter into our forecasting models on a monthly basis.
- Continuously review aging and address delinquent customer in coordination with our Credit Department.
- Continuously visit our production sites and develop strategies to address operational challenges i.e. slow moving inventories, moving waste products, etc.
- 4 year degree or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- General understanding of sales and marketing fundamentals.
- Proficient computer skills required, primarily web based applications, Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- COMMAND knowledge a plus
- Math competency is required.
- Must possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Prior experience in the construction materials industry is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as job specification, bid documents, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to complete tasks timely without supervision.
- Excellent customer service.
- Ability to deal with the public in a pleasant, courteous, and calm manner in all circumstances.
- Ability to work under pressure and be multi-task oriented.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff, department heads, and the public.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of PowerPoint, Outlook and Access is preferred.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Join our Talent Community to receive an email newsletter with hot jobs & career advice. Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
Harrison Construction Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Harrison Construction Company is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.