|Date Posted||February 10, 2019|
Job ID: 148078
Pennsy Supply is a CRH company. CRH is the leading vertically integrated supplier of asphalt, aggregates, cement, ready-mix concrete, and paving and construction services in North America. Our 24,100 employees at 1,300 operating locations provide our customers with top-quality, innovative products and services.
Would you enjoy working for an industry leader? Are you being challenged in your current position? Look no further, Pennsy Supply has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Job Description Summary
- Adhere to and follow all safety rules and regulations of MSHA/OSHA/DOT and Pennsy Supply, Inc.
- Conduct daily safety assignments (area inspections, pre-shifts, JSA's, TRACK, etc.).
- Signal concrete deliverer to position truck to facilitate pouring concrete.
- Move discharge chute of truck to direct concrete into forms.
- Spreads concrete into inaccessible sections of forms, using rake or shovel.
- Level concrete to specified depth and workable consistency, using hand-held screed and floats to bring water to surface and produce soft topping.
- Smooth and shape surface of freshly poured concrete, using straightedge and float or power screed.
- Finish concrete surfaces using power trowel, or wet and rub concrete with abrasive stone to impact finish.
- Remove rough or defective spots from concrete surfaces, using power grinder or chisel and hammer and patch hole with fresh concrete or epoxy compound.
- Mold expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers and straightedge
- Measure distance from grade stakes, drives stakes and stretches tight line.
- Signals operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment and movement.
- Shovels,rakes,spreads and levels earth,aggregates and hot asphalt mix to fine grade specifications.
- Drives pick-up,flat-bed and stake body trucks.
- Loads,unloads and carries tools,equipment and materials.
- Lute and pick.
- Directs and controls traffic flow.
- Directs and communicates with dump and lute personnel.
- Assists in the erection, moving and dismantling of signs, barricades, cones and other traffic control devices.
- Cleans various tools, equipment, materials and work areas.
- Operates air hammer, chisel and/or power saw.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Current driver’s license.
- Able to work various times during day, night or weekend hours, at various locations.
- High school Diploma or equivalent preferred but not required.
- 3 – 5 years years experience preferred.
About Pennsy Supply
Pennsy Supply operated in Pennsylvania as a family run business producing asphalt, aggregates, and concrete as well as providing construction services until joining the CRH family in 1993. With being a part of the CRH family they are now a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the Unites States.
EOE/ M / F / Vet / Disability
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Pennsy Supply is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.