|Date Posted||February 7, 2019|
Job ID: 147598
APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
The Crew Leader position is responsible for performing various duties on construction, concrete and/or paving projects. The employee will generally work in utility capacity by transferring from one task to another where demands are required.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Supervise and coordinates activities of personnel performing concrete work on roadwork and site work projects.
- Specific concrete work would include curb and gutter, inlets, headwalls, driveways, sidewalk, and other similar items.
- Reviews work orders, invoices and maintenance schedules to plan construction schedules.
- Examines blueprint documents to determine if specifications are met.
- Oversees the building of wooden structures, such as concrete forms, flatwork, pouring chute, scaffold, etc
- Will be required to work alongside the concrete crews to build forms for drainage structure, walls, etc
- Perform finish work on wet surfaces to grade on all types of concrete as required by specifications
- Knowledgeable with tools such as a float, trowel, screed, template, hand shovel, motorized tamp, push broom or 10’ – 16’ straight edge on extended handle up to fifteen feet long.
- Inspects job location to ensure compliance with all environmental, safety, and health regulations (governmental and company) and issues directives to workers to ensure adherence to such regulations and policies.
• Safely and efficiently may operate heavy equipment of various types.
• When working with co-workers, constant eye contact will be maintained when backing, communicating using hand signals or other movements.
• Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
• Follow directions of Foreman and Project Manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
• Perform daily pre–and–post inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
• Assist in training less–experienced employees on the proper operations, servicing and repair of equipment to further their abilities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
• Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
• Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
• Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
• Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Must meet the APAC Qualifications Standards to drive a company vehicle.
• Willing to travel and work away from home when required.
• Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
• Report to work at the designated start time.
• Be able to work overtime when required.
- Be able to use the following motions daily; climbing, stooping, bending, squatting, reaching, twisting, turning, lifting, stretching, driving, pushing, pulling, kneeling, throwing. Standing and walking occupies most of the day.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs. occasionally.
• Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
• Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
• Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
• Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
• Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
- Minimum of 5+ years related experience in concrete construction and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Demonstrated success in managing employees and/or leading a crew.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in construction and paving.
- Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, and use hands.
- The employee is required to stand about 80% of the day, walking 20% of the day, crawling, kneeling, bending, and reaching with hand and arms above their shoulders.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50 – 100 lbs. unassisted.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
APAC Central Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.