|Date Posted||August 9, 2018|
Calvert Masonry is seeking a Mid-Level Estimator with 5 years of commercial masonry and/or construction experience. Growth opportunity with dynamic, multi-service specialty contractor for right candidate.
Estimators will collaborate with architects, engineers, owners, and subcontractors. The following skills are essential to this position:
- Ability to prepare detailed and accurate quantity surveys.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of unit costs and the factors that affect masonry/construction cost.
- Effectively communicate, written and orally, with clients and vendors, including detail documentation for issues impacting scope, price and schedule
· Evaluate and price scaffold and equipment requirements
· Evaluate production and price factors utilizing a combination of historical data, project conditions and market/client factors
· Must have experience being a member of the team and the formal presentation for a project.
- Contact suppliers and vendors to discuss various requests and due dates.
- Track and update vendor information.
- Prepare and distribute time-sensitive materials.
- Coordinate activities of the team from bid to proposal.
- Ability to prepare detailed estimate updates, as the design evolves, including preparing variance summaries between estimates.
· Follow-up and tracking of bids and projects for opportunities to pursue further
· Effective post-bid handoff and transition to Project Management, including long lead item purchase and support as required
· Effectively network and participate in industry associations to maintain relationships with existing clients, and establish potential new business relationships