|Date Posted||May 6, 2018|
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder's integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives – from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder's Pleasanton, CA office is seeking an experienced Construction Materials Testing Technician / Special Inspector to join our team.
We provide construction inspection and material testing services to a broad range of local and national clients. We are looking for individuals who are interested in joining a dynamic team and building their career in the field of construction inspection and materials testing.
Potential candidates should possess the ability to organize priorities and multi-task effectively, along with a thirst to learn and achieve continuous improvement in a team environment. A can-do attitude and problem-solving mindset is essential.
The ideal candidate must be able to:
- perform routine field tests
- provide construction oversight for the purpose of verifying compliance with applicable construction plans and specifications.
- follow written procedures,
- perform accurate computations, and
- maintain cordial relationships with coworkers, clients, contractors, etc.
Minimum of 5-10 years' experience in Construction Materials Engineering & Testing and Special Inspections. Nuclear gauge and Hazmat training is required.
We're looking for a person with a strong initiative, confident demeanor, and a strong commitment to safety. This person must have a strong commitment to the team and be able to help out whenever and wherever needed.
The candidate will start off serving as the lead field testing technician for construction for one of the largest projects in North America. This work may include, but is not limited to:
- Grading observation, compaction testing, proof-rolling, soil sampling, and assessing suitability of soils.
- Concrete and grouting observation, sampling and testing of concrete, foundation observations, and reinforcing steel observations.
The candidate will prepare detailed and annotated daily field reports (DFR) and data sheets and may be called upon to perform various tasks at the discretion of the supervisor.
Required Certifications include (or ability to obtain within 30 days):
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician – Grade I
- Nuclear Gauge
Desired Certifications include:
- ICC Reinforced Concrete Special Inspector
- ICC Pre-stressed Concrete Special Inspector
- ICC Spray-applied Fireproofing Special Inspector
- ICC Structural Masonry Special Inspector
- ICC Structural Steel & Welding Special Inspector
- ICC Structural Steel and Bolting Special Inspector
- California Department of Transportation (100 series, 200 series, 500 series)
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
This is a career opportunity to become a member of a highly successful, fast paced team with a steady and growing backlog of projects.
Preference will be given to those with a background in projects ranging from highways, dams, commercial, airports, rail, utilities, and infrastructure.
Intermediate knowledge of MS Office, including Word and Excel is required.
Valid driver's license and clean driving record required.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)