|Date Posted||August 11, 2017|
Position: Construction Services Senior Engineering Technician
Requisition Number: 2017-2310-16
S&ME, Inc., a geoprofessional and design consulting firm, is seeking a full-time Senior Engineering Technician in our Jeffersonville, Indiana (Greater Louisville) location. The individual will be responsible for the following:
- Review of civil, architectural, and structural plans and specifications in preparation of field observations on construction sites;
- Documentation of field activities, observations, and testing results on construction projects, and their conformance with (or deviation from) project plans and specifications;
- Field testing of soil, concrete, asphalt, aggregate, and masonry mortar/grout for compliance with ASTM, AASHTO, DOT, and/or project specifications;
- Daily use of Metafield®, and/or other field and laboratory information management systems, for recording of testing results;
- Communication of field and laboratory testing results with Construction Services and Geotechnical Project Management staff, general contractors, and clients;
- Mentoring, coaching, and training of less experienced technician staff in the areas of testing and inspection;
- Calibration of field and laboratory equipment to industry codes and standards.
- High school diploma/GED required;
- 5 or more years of experience in construction testing/inspections of soil, concrete, and/or asphalt materials preferred;
- If not currently certified, willingness to obtain International Code Council (ICC), American Concrete Institute (ACI), and/or Department of Transportation (DOT) certifications (or equivalents) in the fields of aggregate, asphalt, soil, reinforced concrete, and masonry, required;
- Effective communication skills (speaking, reading, and writing), using the English language, required;
- Ability to routinely lift 40 to 50 lbs. (field/laboratory samples and equipment), required;
- An understanding of professionalism and tact, relative to interaction with all members of the design and construction team, including (but not limited to) site laborers, project owners, site superintendents, architects, design engineers, and project managers;
- Willingness to work outdoors in varying weather conditions (Company will provide Personal Protective Equipment and inclement weather gear, as appropriate);
- Ability to work and maneuver equipment (such as a loaded wheelbarrow) on uneven ground and around active construction sites;
- Willingness to travel out-of-town (typically overnight) for short duration assignments.
To apply, go to www.smeinc.com and follow the "careers" link. This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, salary history and expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor