|Date Posted||May 1, 2018|
Job ID: 135461
Oldcastle Architectural, Inc., a CRH company, is a leading supplier of products for North America’s building and landscaping markets. Its products include concrete masonry and hardscapes, packaged cement mixes, packaged lawn and garden products and composite decking products that are sold through a variety of channels. Oldcastle Architectural is the innovator behind many of the industry’s well-known brands including Belgard Hardscapes, Echelon masonry products, Sakrete bagged dry-mixes, Anchor Wall Systems, MoistureShield composite decking, among others. With 200 operating locations and 6,000 employees, Oldcastle Architectural operates across 35 states and 5 Canadian provinces. Oldcastle Architectural is a U.S. subsidiary of CRH Americas, a leading global diversified building materials group.
Work directly with the Vice President of Procurement to set the procurement strategy based on business needs, the company’s culture, strategic business objectives, continuous improvement and profit improvement efforts. Directly manage key strategic categories within APG, coordinating with company level leadership, company level procurement, and company level Operational Performance Leads (OPL) to establish and execute a consistent, sustainable procurement process focused on driving cost out of our operations.
- Directly manage key categories which could include: raw materials, mobile equipment, packaging, spare parts for fixed equipment, resale items and non-strategic equipment capex.
- Work closely with the business leaders to get input on and gain support for the key strategic categories assigned.
- Share procurement best practices within APG.
- Provide on-going education, training and negotiation support to the company level procurement professionals.
- Participate in CRH and Oldcastle cross divisional collaboration activities in sourcing and procurement.
- Interface with all levels of company level management to foster professional procurement processes throughout the company.
- Identify opportunities and lead the implementation, management and maintenance of cross-divisional spend categories within CRH.
- Support the introduction of CRH / Oldcastle procurement technology where it fits APG’s needs and strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or a related degree or the equivalent in relative experience
- 8 plus years of leadership experience in manufacturing, supply chain, sales or finance
- Preferred experience in the building materials, mining or construction industries
- Excellent communicator (both oral & written) with the ability to maintain a wide range of multi-site relationships at all levels of the organization and the ability to implement change in a decentralized environment
- Ability to travel 50% or more to engage our more than 200 sites and key suppler manufacturing facilities
- Experience in Procurement or Supply Chain Management is a plus, but it is not required
- Experience in establishing business processes, managing performance, and a demonstrated ability to get positive results through leadership, influence and persuasion
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Architectural, Inc., a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.