|Date Posted||May 15, 2018|
Job ID: 136705
Georgia Masonry Supply is a division of the Oldcastle Architectural Products Group (APG). APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 165 operating locations and more than 5,000 employees.
This position is responsible for ensuring that both private and contract drivers are dispatched to pick up shipments in a timely manner. It is important that the individual has the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately recall information. This individual will have contact with all drivers, sales staff, as well as customers on a daily basis. The ability to make dispatch changes, remember the type of equipment used, driver destinations and the length of time it will take to complete the deliveries is a necessity. "Going the extra mile" to achieve quality customer service is standard practice at the company.
- Work with sales staff to problem solve driver or carrier issues during freight transit
- Communicate to carriers and drivers customer requirements for shipment
- Maintain accurate and timely updates in OTM (Oldcastle Transportation Management)
- Plan effective delivery routes and assign drivers for scheduled deliveries
- Adhere to company safety guidelines
- Relay work orders, messages, and information to or from drivers, mobile or landline phones
- Work closely with independent truck drivers to ensure pick-up and delivery times, load weight compliance and secure loads
- Prepare and review loading/unloading, daily shipping reports and delivery logs
- Coordinate deliveries with company truck drivers and external trucking companies to ensure timely delivery of materials to customers
- Check and review all orders assigned before they are shipped against delivery tickets
- Responsible to execute delivery instructions based upon appointment schedule required by customer
- Ensure deliveries and pickups are made on time
- Check contract drivers manifest as to accuracy and make sure correct paperwork is attached when they return to the dock
Desired Skills and Competencies
- Transportation experience/knowledge is preferred
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong problem solving
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Georgia Masonry Supply is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Georgia Masonry Supply is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.