|Date Posted||May 23, 2018|
Job ID: []
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co., a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Answer customer and driver calls in a timely and professional manner; receive orders by telephone, radio, walk-in or internal customer and input data into the computer for concrete and/or aggregates.
- Schedule and track orders and deliveries while making the most efficient use of personnel and equipment.
- Prepare daily schedule for next-day deliveries outlining equipment, personnel, and material needed.
- Weigh and ticket gravel trucks.
- Monitor load sizes of loaded trucks.
- Review and approve payroll for delivery personnel.
- Collect and sort orders and tickets.
- Prepare and run reports.
- Dispatcher must be customer service minded and be able to keep a level head under stressful conditions.
- Responsible for a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers.
- Reliable attendance is essential to performance in this role.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Load trucks with proper materials.
- Fuel, oil, grease and check other necessary loader parts to ensure proper function of equipment.
- Drive company truck (dump truck, mixer truck, tanker, low boy and/or sand train/belly dump to job sites or company locations to deliver materials.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspection of vehicle to ensure safe operational order and report maintenance or repair issues.
- Be able to climb in and out of truck safely using 3-points of contact.
- Be able to manipulate truck steering wheel (power steering), shifter and other various levers and knobs necessary for operation of truck and associated equipment.
- Operate truck to deliver to construction sites as specified, in a safe and efficient manner, obeying applicable laws and following dispatch instructions.
- Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle, investigate abnormalities and perform operator maintenance and minor field repairs.
- Attach Mixer truck chutes to truck and add materials (fiber, color or other additives) to drum.
- Attach hoses to truck with clamping system, open valves to discharge contents of tank, discharge the product into storage while observing the hose and connections to ensure there are no leaks or other hazards, return discharge hoses and fill caps to proper storage area.
- May access chains from trailer and drape them over drive wheels of truck.
- Ensure quality of product delivered.
- Maintain communication with Dispatcher as necessary regarding deliveries, check delivery tickets for special instructions and complete as required.
- Ensure proper materials are loaded in a safe manner and obtain proper signatures as required.
- Respond to customer questions related to basic product knowledge and basic construction techniques.
- Maintain operator logs, forms and records in accordance with company policy and Department of Transportation regulations.
- Complete written report of problems or necessary repairs and forward to maintenance personnel, detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions.
- Maintain work area and vehicle in a clean and orderly condition.
- May operate front end loader or other equipment.
- May perform other related duties as required or directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Previous related experience in dispatch or transportation industry preferred.
- Proficient computer knowledge is required.
- Utilize GPS tracking software and enter orders into dispatch scheduling software; ability to quickly learn different software programs.
- Communicate effectively with customers as well as truck drivers to dispatch orders in a timely and efficient manner.
- Handle multiple tasks concurrently and perform under pressure.
- Must be able to act quickly and creatively to solve problems; work independently and make decisions.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with all departments and customers on the phone and in person.
- Detailed-oriented and thorough in all duties and be able to work extended hours when needed.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with high attention to detail.
- Must pass background check and pre-employment controlled substance testing.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.