|Date Posted||August 24, 2018|
Job ID: 142107
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, CRH Americas is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for providing leadership and direction for overall engineering designs of precast products for the facility, including necessary design and calculations for project estimates, submittal packages and production of precast concrete structures. Manages the Engineering support team (CAD operators) and any CAD outsourcing, also has direct oversight for the Quality Control Program at the facility, ensuring adherence to quality control programs. Performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the vision and values of the corporation. Fosters a “Culture of Safety” for staff and all employees by promoting and modeling an Employee Driven, Hazard Controlled environment, ensuring designs factor in safety during production and final use. Advise the local business concerning long-term-strategic direction. Works on various engineering projects in support of sales as well as continuous improvements in manufacturing, process, shipping, handling and installation. Drives continuous improvement initiatives through appropriate channels in the operation. Holds self and staff directly accountable for adherence to standards, policies & regulations for the safe, environmentally compliant production of a quality precast concrete product. Ensures training plans for staff and self are in place and followed, promoting key aspects of the overall succession plan process.
Position Responsibilities: Essential Duties include, but are not limited to the following
• Active member of the local business team.
• Responsible for performing engineering designs in support of estimates, submittal packages and production of precast products throughout Oldcastle Precast.
• Establishes formal and informal communications for staff and employees and customers (e.g. sales and production teams, CAD team members, outside sales and customers).
• Performing engineering designs in support of estimates, submittal packages and production of precast products throughout Oldcastle Precast.
• Manage Engineering Department consisting of CAD Operators to include prioritizing work in support of sales and production
• Support installation of engineered products in the Oregon region
• Prepare calculations and drawings for precast products
• Manage the Quality Control Department to ensure adherence to quality assurance programs.
• Develops self, staff and employees for advancement and contribution to success of the business.
• Ensures proper training of employees to advance the business.
• Maintain thorough knowledge of precast processes and equipment, have workable knowledge of industry technological developments and best practices.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
• Licensed Professional Engineer required
• 5 Years’ experience working as a PE
- Demonstrated supervisory experience preferred
• Or any equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position
• Demonstrated ability to effectively plan and allocate resources.
• Strong written and oral communication skills across all levels of the organization.
• Proven track record of developing, implementing and utilizing process and procedures.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate resources to meet internal business objectives and customer expectations.
• Thorough knowledge of effective and efficient production and manufacturing methods.
• Thorough knowledge of company product, policies and procedures.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills.
• Previous industry experience or project management related work experience preferred
• Ability to read and interpret drawings, and be able to perform structural designs
• Ability to use a variety of computer programs, including AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Products, Mathcad, RISA 3D, or other finite element software
• Self-motivated and able to take initiative
• Ability to interact with customers, managers, engineers, drafters and other employees to resolve engineering and management related issues
• Demonstrated problem solving skills and dealing with ambiguity.
• Strong analytical and mathematical ability.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to effectively implement change.
• Ability to facilitate meetings and lead teams.
• Ability to effectively manage conflict.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.