|Date Posted||October 9, 2017|
Job ID: []
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co., a member of the Oldcastle Materials Northwest Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
Field Service Representative
This position assists in job site coordination to ensure safe and successful delivery of our products while maintaining a safe and collaborative working environment. The FSR is responsible for maintaining high quality communications between existing customer base, future customers, dispatch, sales and quality control. This position also demonstrates leadership skills, ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with all departments and perpetuating the highest level of customer centricity. The FSR must also be able to manage challenging and/or sensitive customer situations, respond promptly to customer needs and contribute to building a positive team spirit.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Supporting operational personnel and sales while building strong, long-term relationships.
- Administer compression tests, air content, unit weight, and yield so that the product meets or exceeds established standards.
- Recognize sales related opportunities and collaborate with the sales department to establish new accounts.
- Assist sales in analyzing new and existing accounts and prioritize efforts on those accounts with the long-term volume and profit potential.
- May be called upon to perform a variety of special projects and studies such as coordination of special concrete pours including safety evaluations of projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required with clean driving record.
- Two years customer service experience highly preferred.
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance, attendance and punctuality.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with all departments and customers on the phone and in person.
- Proficient with Windows based software, PC and other forms of technology.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Demonstrates the willingness to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks.
Demonstrates excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of ready-mix concrete, basic specifications and industry best practices.
- Knowledge of the area.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co. is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.