|Date Posted||March 15, 2019|
FIELD TECHNICIAN #EV161
Location: Roanoke, VA
Hours: Depend on jobs could be some very early morning hours and some weekend hours mainly Saturdays. Can be occasionally night work.
For full description, other opportunities and to expedite application process, visit www.EvolutionHR.com
JOB DESCRIPTIONS for Field Technicians
Field Technicians will be visiting a variety of sites and conducting tests on soil, asphalt and concrete.
RESPONSIBILITIES for Field Technicians
The tasks may be required to perform include, but are not limited to:
• Performing field materials testing of soil, asphalt, and concrete.
• Preparing detailed and complete field reports with all relevant test results and observations provided.
• Performing basic laboratory tests on soil and concrete and preparing reports of results.
• Evaluating site conditions on construction projects and providing recommendations.
• Communicating with clients, contractors, and engineering and technician staff regarding construction issues.
REQUIREMENTS for Field Technicians
• Ability to read and interpret plans, specifications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• A problem solver who can deal with a variety of variables at once.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to apply basic mathematical formulas and concepts to calculate quantities, estimate volumes, inspect constructed work, make recommendations in the field and to perform calculations for field and laboratory tests and equipment.
• At least some construction experience is required. Prior experience in Field testing is preferred.
• A High School Diploma (or equivalent).
• ACI Level I Concrete, State DOT, WACEL, or ICC certifications in the disciplines of soils, reinforced concrete, and masonry are a plus.
• Current authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
• Ability to work in various weather conditions and lift 30 to 50 pounds repeatedly.
• A valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record is required.