|Location||Myrtle Beach, SC, SC|
|Date Posted||February 6, 2019|
Seeking a full-time Construction Materials Testing Technician Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. This individual will be responsible for the following:
- Review of civil, architectural, and structural plans and specifications in preparation of field observations on construction sites;
- Documentation of field activities, observations, and testing results on construction projects, and their conformance with (or deviation from) project plans and specifications;
- Field testing of soil, concrete, asphalt, aggregate, and masonry mortar/grout for compliance with ASTM, AASHTO, DOT, and/or project specifications;
- Daily use of Metafield, and/or other field and laboratory information management systems, for recording of testing results;
- Communication of field and laboratory testing results with Construction Services and Geotechnical Project Management staff, general contractors, and clients;
- Calibration of field and laboratory equipment to industry codes and standards.
- High school diploma/GED required;
- 2+ years of experience in construction testing/inspections of soil, concrete, masonry, and/or asphalt materials required;
- Effective communication skills (speaking, reading, and writing), using the English language, required;
- Ability to routinely lift 40 to 50 lbs. (field/laboratory samples and equipment), required;
- Willingness to work outdoors in varying weather conditions (Company will provide Personal Protective Equipment and inclement weather gear, as appropriate);
- Ability to work and maneuver equipment (such as a loaded wheelbarrow) on uneven ground and around active construction sites;
- Willingness to travel out-of-town (typically overnight) for short duration assignments.
One or More Active Certification(s) Required:
- American Concrete Institute (ACI): Field Testing Grade I; Strength Testing Technician; Laboratory Technician; Special Inspector; Masonry Field Testing; Aggregate Testing.
- NICET: Construction Materials Testing (Asphalt, Concrete, Soils).
- International Code Council (ICC): Special Inspector (Reinforced Concrete, Masonry, Soils).
- DOT Certifications (specific to the state in which the position is available) in the fields of Aggregate, Conventional Density, Asphalt, and Concrete.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.