|Date Posted||August 6, 2018|
Job ID: []
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co., a member of the Oldcastle Materials Northwest Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
General Crusher Laborer/Operator
This is a semi-skilled position that will work at the crusher performing general maintenance, clean-up and housekeeping tasks.
Crusher Loader Operator
Operates loader to ensure proper supply of materials to the crusher plant, trucks and other assigned areas.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Perform general clean-up, maintenance and housekeeping tasks at the crusher
- Shovel excess materials from around conveyors and other areas to prevent build up
- Operate loader to supply materials to the crusher plant trucks
- Drive haul truck to transport and dump crushed rock within the plant
- Perform general maintenance (i.e. oiling, greasing plant equipment) as directed
- Be part of a team dedicated to safely providing quality products to our internal and external customers
Crusher Loader Operator:
- Ensure necessary supply of materials for crusher plant is available.
- Load crusher or trucks with proper materials.
- Fuel, oil, grease and check other necessary loader parts to ensure proper function of equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness of crusher plant premises.
- Perform general maintenance and repair on equipment as assigned.
- Assist crew, including shoveling and clean-up.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Two years’ experience in construction or related field preferred.
- Welding skills preferred.
- Equipment operation experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Consistently reports for work at scheduled work time
- Will pass pre-employment work and drug screen
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To view a complete job description and apply on-line:
Requisition #: 133949
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co. is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.