|Date Posted||May 14, 2019|
CHENEGA FACILITIES MANAGEMENT, LLC
Company Job Title:
General Maintenance Worker
Chenega Job Title:
General Maintenance Worker
SCA WD Labor Category:
General Maintenance Worker
Port Isabel, Los Fresnos, TX
CBA, Non-Exempt, Hourly
Executive Order 13495, The Non- Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume of non-incumbents will not be reviewed.
Summary: The General Maintenance Worker performs general maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings requiring practical skill and knowledge (but not proficiency) in trades such as painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry and electrical work. The General Maintenance Worker will keep the Supervisor apprised of unique situations and problems encountered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
- Replace electrical receptacle covers, switches; using plaster or compound to patch minor holes and cracks in walls and ceilings; repairing or replacing sinks, water coolers, toilets, painting structures and equipment; replacing damaged sheet rock, paneling, floor tiles, and ceiling tiles; hanging doors and installing door locks.
- Replaces broken window panes.
- Perform general maintenance on equipment or machinery.
- Installs or repairs any of a variety of electrical equipment, painting, plumbing and masonry.
- Work involves planning and layout of work from blueprints, drawings, models, or verbal instructions.
- Assists other crafts and trades personnel in their daily operations.
- Performs work to ensure compliance with plans, specifications, policies, and regulations.
- Ensures proper housekeeping practices are observed and cleans up areas of work and mechanical rooms to ensure each is clean and unobstructed access is available.
- Assists grounds maintenance staff with snow removal by using small hand tools; Works as a spotter when needed during grounds/labor work.
- Supports the project Safety Plan through personal involvement in all aspects of safety, including training and attention to the adherence to safety requirements pertaining to trades or skills.
- This position has been designated as Mission Critical. Mission Critical personnel are defined as those required to meet the Installation’s safety (including inclement weather for snow and ice control) and security needs during lockdown conditions.
- This position may be part of an emergency management/response team as required by the company to meet contract requirements.
- Must wear and use all required personal protective equipment (PPE), such as safety glasses, safety shoes, ear plugs, hardhat, etc.
- Performs other tasks as directed by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent, with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in actual performance of documented preventative maintenance.
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience in building maintenance, housing maintenance, knowledge of building plans and schematics.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Working knowledge (less than Journeyman) in carpentry, plumbing, masonry and painting.
- Working knowledge utilizing carpentry, plumbing, masonry and painting tools and equipment.
- Possess good organization and communication skills, as well as maturity and ability to deal with all levels of people, both inside and outside the company.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.