|Date Posted||May 8, 2018|
Job ID: []
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co., a member of the Oldcastle Materials Northwest Region family, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
The Grader Operator is responsible for operating a grader for groundwork and construction purposes on the highway and grade crews. May also operator loader, excavator, compactor, backhoe, or other pieces of equipment as needed. Primarily work 10-hours per day, 5 days per week. Will also be required to work up to 14-hours per day, and up to 7 days per week during the busy construction season.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Operate equipment in a safe and professional manner at various job site locations
- Use equipment to grade terrain
- Maintain equipment in a safe and clean condition
- Perform pre and post shift inspection of equipment
- Check fluid levels, tires/tracks, lights, and other controls for safe operation
- Fuels equipment
- Checks necessary equipment parts to ensure proper function of equipment
- Informs service technician of any maintenance or repairs needed
- Must have basic knowledge of grade and pave operations
- Routinely assist other members of the work force in different areas of production
- May assist with general labor and maintenance tasks
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Previous grader operation experience or training required
- Must have experience finishing subgrade and aggregates to hubs
- Must have experience using electronic grade control
- Previous asphalt grade/pave operations and/or construction related experience highly preferred.
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance, attendance and punctuality
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision
- Demonstrates the willingness to work overtime and weekends/holidays
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Class A CDL with self-certification of non-excepted interstate and current DOT medical card preferred
- Ability to ready plans, engineer/set hubs, and have a general understanding of drainage preferred
- Must have good depth perception and coordination to operate machine controls
- Must pass a physical exam and pre-employment controlled substance testing
To view a complete job description and apply on-line:
Requisition #: 136219
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co. is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.