|Date Posted||December 6, 2017|
Our Masons lay building materials, such as brick, stone and block to construct or repair walls, partitions, arches, and other structures. We will challenge you by offering new experiences working on a variety of projects. Must have your own transportation, projects range throughout the Milwaukee area.
We offer an outstanding company culture with a lot of opportunity for growth and competitive pay 16-30. This is a full-time position.
Basic job information:
- Measures distance from reference points and marks guidelines on working surface to lay out work.
- Spreads soft bed (layer) of mortar that serves as base and binder for masonry pieces, using trowel.
- Applies mortar to end of masonry pieces and positions block in mortar bed.
- Taps block with trowel to level, align, and embed in mortar, allowing specified thickness of joint.
- Removes excess mortar from face of masonry pieces, using trowel.
- Finishes mortar between brick with pointing tool or trowel.
- Breaks bricks to fit spaces too small for whole brick, using edge of trowel or brick hammer.
- Fastens brick or terra cotta veneer to face of structures, with tie wires embedded in mortar between bricks, or in anchor holes in veneer brick.
- Determine vertical and horizontal alignment of courses, using plumb bob, gage line (tightly stretched cord), and level.
- May be designated according to material used as Cinder-Block Mason, Bricklayer, or Stone Mason.
- Ability to work overtime when needed.
If this sounds interesting to you or you would like to hear more information please send resumes, or call Kyle at 414-607-2033
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.