|Date Posted||March 15, 2019|
Job ID: 149250
Amcor, a CRH company, is a division within Oldcastle APG. APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 36 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 195 operating locations and more than 6,500 employees.
This role is responsible for inside sales and/or counter sales. The individual in this role will answer product inquiries, take customer orders, coordinate delivery with dispatch and coordinate with internal company departments and vendors in a fast-paced office. Customers include homeowners, developers, contractors, and installers. This position is often combined with customer service initiatives and providing support to outside sales representatives as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive customer phone calls; provide support to customers and contractors via phone and in person
- Provide information technical information about products and prices. Refer to product catalogs and specification guides to determine related product uses and applications
- Work closely with outside sales representatives regarding sales promotions and initiatives which require phone contact and follow-up along with visits to customers
- Coordinate mailings of literature and samples
- Investigate and research all customer inquiries and concerns and follows-up promptly with the customer
- Help customers with design ideas/problems; provides customer feedback to management
- Assist with production scheduling, job site coordination, and dispatch
- Coordinate delivery schedules with dispatch and maintains customer informed of such schedules
- Enter sales orders into computer for tracking
- Participate in monthly physical inventory counts, enter and manage inventory in computer system
- Retrieve information for credit department when needed
- Follow all safety regulations
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Requirements / Education / Experience
- High school diploma / equivalent or a comparable combination of education, experience or training in related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Previous sales experience
- Knowledge of concrete, masonry and hardscapes is a plus
- Positive attitude and desire to work with a great team in a fast-paced environment
- Good with basic math
- Good organizational and problem solving skills
- Experience with multi-line phone system
- Attention to detail
- Pleasant phone personality
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Extensive phone and radio use
- Able to lift concrete products and other objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Have good depth perception and color discrimination
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Amcor, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.