|Date Posted||October 23, 2018|
Job ID: 144651
Amcor Masonry Products, a CRH company, is a division of the Oldcastle APG Products Group (APG). APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 165 operating locations and more than 5,000 employees.
Works under the general supervision of the Production Supervisor or Plant Manager on routine duties following standard policies and procedures. Refers problems and questions to the Production Supervisor or Plant Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates a packer machine and palletizer to bag and prepare product for shipment to customers
- Operate Forklift Safety to move product into inventory/onto and off a truck
- Weighs bags to assure proper weight
- Prepares palletizer or packer machine for initial start-up and changeovers as appropriate
- Completes specified paperwork needed to generate production reports
- Operates touch screen for loading information and troubleshoots batching system
- Attends safety meetings and complies with safety policies
- Completes all housekeeping related duties
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Requirements / Education / Experience
- At least a High school diploma or GED equivalent and at least 1 year of related work experience
- Ability to read and understand warning labels, instructions, signs and similar information
- Ability to work as a part of a two-person team on the production line
- Ability to safely and effectively operate a control panel for production machinery, scale used to weigh bags, brush used to clean work surfaces, and lubrication equipment used to apply proper lubrication to machinery
- Work requires repetitively lifting and carrying bags weighing up to 93 pounds, ascending and descending to and from the machine; and bending and reaching in order to set-up and troubleshoot the machine
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Amcor Masonry Products, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.