|Date Posted||April 11, 2019|
Title of Position: Local CDL B Ready Mix Concrete Driver
Location: Limerick, P.A.
Pay Rate: Approximately $27.350/hour (base and yardage bonus net estimate)
Signing Bonus: $2,000 ($1,000 paid 1 month following date of hire, $1,000 paid 6 months following date of hire and continuous employment)
Silvi Concrete Company, a progressive, integrated, manufacturer and supplier of concrete is seeking Local Delivery Drivers. If you are hardworking, dedicated and want to be home with your family every night, you should be working for Silvi Concrete. Our great benefits and high pay rates reflect the significant responsibility of this job and include an hourly rate plus a bonus for every yard of concrete you deliver. Apply today and get the satisfaction of knowing you helped build your community!
Through a combination of growth and acquisitions, Silvi Concrete has become one of the largest manufacturers and suppliers of concrete products in the Northeast, US. Today, the company manufactures concrete at multiple locations and supplies those plants with materials from its own mining operations and deep-water port facility.
Position Essential Functions Responsibilities
· Maintain the highest standard of quality and safety while ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of concrete.
· Operate an 80,000 lbs ready-mix truck with automatic transmission.
· Perform pre and post-trip inspections in accordance with DOT guidelines; document and request required repairs as needed.
· Load and discharge concrete according to prescribed procedures involving the use of ladders, main chutes and extension chutes, as well as driving in and out of areas with heavy pedestrian and equipment traffic.
· Check loads pursuant to company policy to estimate slump of concrete, distinguish between different color mixes and identify loads that are out of specifications.
· Read and understand delivery tickets and clearly communicate with the dispatch department via radio and tablet regarding all deliveries.
· Wash residual concrete and materials off all areas of the truck and barrel.
· Maintain delivery, truck and driving records in accordance with company policies, as well as federal and state regulations.
No smoking is permitted on or within company property, including inside trucks, buildings, or anywhere on the premises.