|Date Posted||April 12, 2019|
A M3 – Carpenter is responsible for constructing, maintaining and dismantling structures, furniture, woodwork and other related items while under the general supervision of the Lead and/or M-1 or M-2 Carpenter, to ensure an attractive and well maintained facility. Perform repair and maintenance tasks in support of quality standards encompassing a variety of skills of the different Building trades, including, but not limited to carpentry, stone masonry, Tile setting, masonry, Metal work, Roofing, and Mill work.
What will I be doing?
A M3 – Carpenter is responsible for constructing, maintaining and dismantling structures, furniture, woodwork and other related items while under the general supervision of the Lead and/or M-1 or M-2 Carpenter, to ensure an attractive and well maintained facility. Perform repair and maintenance tasks in support of quality standards encompassing a variety of skills of the different Building trades, including, but not limited to carpentry, stone masonry, Tile setting, masonry, Metal work, Roofing, and Mill work. Specifically, you would be responsible for the following:
- Under supervision and guidance of M-1 Lead, M-1 or M-2 Carpenter maintain and repair doors, furniture, hardware, windows, hang art work and headboards, etc. Visually inspect, diagnose problems, take measurements and make necessary adjustments to items such as door hardware to ensure safe, smooth operation of guestrooms, public space and back of house facilities. This will involve the extension of arms to replace ceiling tiles, lifting and positioning of sheetrock, replacing chair rails and corner moldings, kneeling to repair wood floors and Formica work. Work in confined spaces and awkward positions, requiring crouching, kneeling, stooping and reaching overhead for extended periods of time is required.
- Under supervision and guidance of M-1 Lead, M-1 or M-2 Carpenter perform shop work to repair or build furniture. Identify types and grades of wood, measure and be familiar with hardware materials available to the carpentry trade. Experiences in using shop equipment such as; table saw, drill press, band saw, electric planner and router are required. With the materials and tools available, build cabinets, shelving units and fabricate furniture parts for repairs.
- Respond to customer/office requests throughout the facility by telephone, 2-way radio, or in person, using clear, verbal English, in the basic trades of carpentry, masonry, mechanical work to make necessary repairs and/or to accommodate the customers'/offices' needs in a timely and courteous manner.
- Obtain work order from Property Operations Office. Following completion of shift log, describe work assigned and completed, logging unfinished jobs following established procedures.
- Inform supervisor of needed supplies and equipment through written or verbal communication.
What are we looking for?
High school diploma preferred. Trade school or Apprenticeship Program desired
3 years experience or Training in carpentry, stone masonry, Tile masonry, masonary Roofing, metal work or Millwork.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Type 3 Hawaii Drivers License required. Ability to obtain Tuberculosis Clearance Certificate. CPR Certificate and First Aid training preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Ability to speak another language in addition to English is preferred, with Japanese being the most desirable.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Basic knowledge of skilled trade activities in carpentry, stone masonry, Tile masonry, masonry Roofing, metal work and Millwork.
- Knowledge of OSHA safety procedures and regulations.
- Knowledge of lumber (i.e. grade and types), hardware and other related supplies. Knowledge of local building codes.
- Skill in use of power and hand tools, such as planner, table saw, drill press, chisels, rasps, etc.
- Ability to operate a forklift, electric cart, electric lift, and pick-up truck.
- Basic English language communication skills in order to complete logs, read blueprints and mechanical drawings, communicate with co-workers and fully comprehend job assignments.
- Basic trade mathematical skills in order to calculate quantities of materials, areas covered, layout plans and prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations using a calculator.
- Ability to push, pull or otherwise transport objects or materials weighing up to 200 lbs. using a hand cart/truck or other wheeled assistance.
- Ability to perform task consistently while bending, stooping, kneeling or standing while supporting, grasping, lifting, or carrying items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders, occasionally working at heights above 30 feet.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information, and solve customer concerns.
- Ability to move and work throughout the hotel, both indoors and outdoors for the duration of the shift.
- Ability to work in unfavorable conditions, which can occasionally be hot, noisy and wet.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hand to manipulate switches, operate fine hand tools and adjust and maintain equipment. Ability to use equipment and machinery and manipulate materials in various ways such as cutting, sawing, grinding, sanding, gripping, soldering and securing materials together.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality – We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity – We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership – We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork – We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership – We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now – We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!