|Date Posted||March 15, 2019|
Excellent opportunity for Maintenance Mechanic for a Manufacturing facility located in Edison, NJ.
Position is temp-to-hire – 90 day probationary period. ($1.00 raise when hired)
1st shift position with start time of 6AM- and candidates will be flexible to work 8-12 hours depending on needs.
Some Saturdays may be required.
Pay Rate: $22.00-$28.94 DOE
This position is in a Union environment
* Generate, read and work from electrical schematics, sketches or verbal instructions in making assemblies and installations.
* Proficient in use of, current, voltage and resistance meters and other electronic test equipment.
* Troubleshoot power and control circuits for plant power distribution and machine control. Document systems in schematic form and install, and start up systems.
* Proficient in reading relay logic diagrams, modifying circuitry in the field or installing new.
* Knowledgeable in microprocessor based controls/ PLC's. Troubleshoot control logic.
* Have knowledge of DC and AC drives. Integrate systems that utilizes microprocessors/ PLC's, drives and controls to operate / improve systems operations.
* Supervise / manage small projects assigned. Work independently.
* Operate various machine shop equipment such as lathes, drill presses, grinders and related equipment to make repairs.
* Maintains, adjusts, services and lubricates, plant equipment such as production machines, mobile equipment, pumps, valves and other process related equipment. Inspects and determines required.
* Maintains and makes repairs to plant buildings, facilities , utilities and area systems involving plumbing, carpentry, masonry, pipe fitting and other related crafts.
* Diagnose, repair and install power transmission components – gear boxes, couplings, chains, belts, sprockets and other related components.
* Performs welding and gas cutting as required.
* Diagnose, repair and install pneumatic and hydraulics systems- cylinders, hoses, pumps, and valves.
* Uses safe working practices and reports hazardous conditions at all times. Maintains working area neat and orderly.
*Reports time and documents work orders appropriately to SAP.
* Utilizes inventory system and assures all parts are removed and returned to inventory as required.
* Assists in Brown and TSL production lines changeover and setup.
Minimum High School with Technical College certification or Associates Degree in Technical discipline.
Vo-Tech training or Journeyman program (and recognized by the perspective union ) for Machinist or Electrician.
Candidates will submit resumes for immediate consideration!
Candidates will consent to:
* Criminal background check
* Drug testing
* Recent and relevant employer references
Benefits working with Volt Workforce Solutions:
* Excellent customer service and welcoming staff
* Weekly paycheck
* Direct Deposit / Money Network Card
* Medical Benefits
* Referral Bonus Program
Volt has a talented and optimistic staffing team focused on the quality of your career.
Volt has over 60 years of staffing experience. We work with many of the Fortune 500 and 1000 companies to provide workforce solutions. We offer many direct hire full-time positions as well as many contingent/temporary positions.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer