|Date Posted||April 12, 2018|
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Design, modify, implement and complete preventive maintenance activities on units, buildings, and systems under the Maintenance Mechanics areas of responsibility.
· Respond quickly and courteously to resident requests for maintenance service, troubleshoot the source difficulty, and take appropriate action to repair and/or restore service within the quality and time standards established for the community.
· Must practice safety precautions and be safety conscious at all times.
· Perform required planned and corrective (repair) maintenance to building surfaces, fixtures, systems, and equipment.
· Perform equipment planned maintenance tasks such as: checking for proper equipment operation; lubricating bearings; changing air filters; and cleaning heat exchanger and condenser coils.
· Perform electrical and plumbing system planned maintenance tasks such as: inspecting plumbing fixtures for leaks and repairs; checking drain lines to insure that they are free of obstruction; checking appliances for proper operation; testing light switches and electrical outlets; and conducting ground fault detection tests.
· Perform such carpentry work as: installing windows; replacing/repairing door and window hardware; reglazing windows; handrails; repairing roofs, gutters, and downspouts; replacing floor tiles; and patching plaster walls and ceilings.
· Perform such masonry work as: patching cracked concrete; replacing broken masonry block and ceramic tiles; re-grouting ceramic tile; and sealing concrete and exterior brick walls.
· Perform sheet rock repair tasks as: installing and repairing dry wall; bends and feathers edges to match surrounding surfaces.
· Perform such plumbing task as: replacing faucet washers, seats, stems, spigots, and hardware; resetting commodes; tubs, and sinks; repairing water leaks; replacing and/or repairing flush valves or flush tank hardware; and clearing clogged drains and soil lines.
· Perform miscellaneous maintenance related tasks for a variety of situations as directed by immediate supervisor such as: servicing and/or repairing cleaning equipment; servicing and/or repairing vehicles; and repairing work tools and equipment.
· Perform such painting tasks as: preparing surfaces for painting by patching plaster holes, sanding, scraping, or masking. Performs minor paint jobs.
· Performs necessary manual labor to keep housing projects in a decent, safe, and sanitary condition including picking up trash and debris.
· Utilizes a wide range of powered and non-powered hand tools such as drills, sanders, sewage line cleaners, saws, hammers, pliers, screwdrivers, wrenches, oilers, and volt-ohm-amp meters.
· Operates and make all installations and repairs in accordance with local, state, and national codes.