|Date Posted||November 29, 2017|
Job ID: 124951
Amcor Masonry Products is a division of the Oldcastle Architectural Products Group (APG). APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 165 operating locations and more than 5,000 employees.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for overall supervision and coordination of workers activities related to the setup, installation, maintenance and repair of equipment, tools and machinery to ensure to non-stop operation of the plant/location assigned.
- Direct workers in electrical, electronic, mechanical hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment
- Assist and direct workers in the diagnosis of malfunctions in equipment and machinery
- Test malfunctioning machinery, determine repairs and assign mechanic for repair
- Direct workers engaged in dismantling, assembling and installing equipment, parts, and machinery
- Observe mechanical devices and equipment and listen to sounds to determine proper functioning or identify causes of trouble
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment
- Interprets company policies and safety regulations to ensure compliance and safe work environment
- Interprets specifications, blueprints and job orders to workers and assigns duties
- Establishes and adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules
- Recommends and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product
- Plan and implement a schedule of routine and preventative maintenance procedures and assign and monitor personnel
- Order parts needed for special projects, routine maintenance requirements, spare parts, tools and equipment needed
- Implements preventative maintenance programs/monitors existing programs
- Coordinates maintenance services to be provided by outside vendors, including warranties and service contracts
- Associate’s degree or equivalent in training, education or a minimum of 5 years of experience as a maintenance manager, or equivalent combination of experience, training, and education.
- Repair and programming of Allen Bradley SLC 500 and Mitsubishi programmable logic controllers
- Repair and programming of Allen Bradley and Mitsubishi HMI’s
- Experience with Ethernet communication systems
- Repair and installation of variable frequency drives including Allen Bradley, Siemens, and Mitsubishi
- Ability to maintain and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and electronic control equipment used in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Read blueprints, wiring diagrams, process sheets, and assembly schematic drawings
- Working knowledge of the NEC
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and operations manuals and follow step by step instructions
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of safety and industrial hygiene
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Amcor Masonry Products is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Amcor Masonry Products is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.