|Date Posted||October 6, 2017|
A Maintenance Tech – 1st Class is responsible for performing general skilled labor in maintaining the Hotel property and facilities and assists Maintenance workers in trade-related tasks to ensure an attractive and well-maintained facility. Performs repair and maintenance tasks in support of quality standards encompassing a variety of skills of the different trades, including, but not limited to carpentry, masonry, air conditioning and refrigeration, painting and wall covering, plumbing, electronics and electrical and mechanical work.
What will I be doing?
A Maintenance Tech – 1st Class is responsible for performing general skilled labor in maintaining the Hotel property and facilities and assists Maintenance workers in trade-related tasks to ensure an attractive and well-maintained facility. Performs repair and maintenance tasks in support of quality standards encompassing a variety of skills of the different trades, including, but not limited to carpentry, masonry, air conditioning and refrigeration, painting and wall covering, plumbing, electronics and electrical and mechanical work. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Maintains guestrooms, public space and back of the house areas. Touches up and/or replaces light bulbs, lamps, switches, outlets, faucets, toilets, hardware, filters, paint, furniture, wall covering, caulking, grouting or other miscellaneous repairs. This requires the individual to visually inspect and detect items needing repair and requires a considerable knowledge of a wide variety of maintenance trades. Strong knowledge of electrical, plumbing, carpentry and mechanical trades is required. Performing these duties requires experience in using hand a power tools and the ability to stoop, kneel, grasp, lift, push and pull weights up to 50 lbs. and climb ladders and reach all directions, often times overhead.
- Trains Maintenance II staff in necessary skills and procedures to maintain the hotel's high standards of quality.
- Responds to customer/office requests by telephone, 2-way radio or in person, using clear, verbal English communication throughout the facility in the basic trades of carpentry, masonry, air conditioning and refrigeration, painting and wall covering, plumbing, electronics and electrical and mechanical work to make necessary repairs and/or to accommodate the customers'/offices' needs in a timely and courteous manner.
- Delegates assignments and coordinates work orders through written and/or verbal communication to ensure assignments are properly and promptly completed.
- Obtains work order from Property Operations office. Forecasts manpower and/or supply needs, requesting necessary supplies/services from supervisor through written and/or verbal communication. Following completion of shift, complete shift log, describes work assigned and completed, logging unfinished job following established procedures.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience of at least 5 years that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the duties of the position. Trade school education or apprenticeship program preferred.
5 years experience as in general maintenance or specific trade in a complex facility required.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Ability to speak another language in addition to English is preferred, with Japanese being the most desirable
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Strong knowledge of skilled trade activities in carpentry, masonry, air conditioning and refrigeration, painting and wallcovering, plumbing, electronics and electrical and mechanical work.
- Basic English language communication skills in order to write and read directions, requisitions, communicate with co-workers and fully comprehend job assignments.
- Basic trade mathematical skills in order to calculate quantities of materials, length, width, size and diameter of various materials essential for hotel repairs and operation.
- Knowledge of OSHA safety procedures and regulations.
- Ability to push, pull or otherwise transport objects or materials weighing up to 200 lbs. using a hand truck/cart or other wheeled assistance.
- Ability to perform tasks consistently while bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting or standing while supporting, grasping, lifting, or carrying items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders, occasionally working at heights above 30 feet.
- Ability to operate forklifts and electric carts.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information, and solve customer concerns.
- Ability to move and work throughout the hotel, both indoors and outdoors, for the duration of the shift.
- Ability to work in unfavorable conditions, which can occasionally be hot, noisy and wet.
- Ability to work with a variety of chemicals and cleansing agents.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hand to manipulate hand tools (screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches,…).
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality – We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity – We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership – We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork – We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership – We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now – We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!