|Date Posted||May 30, 2018|
Maintenance Technician #EV211
Location: Roanoke, VA
Hours: 5:45am-4:15pm Monday-Thursday
For full description, other opportunities and to expedite application process, visit www.EvolutionHR.com
JOB DESCRIPTION for Maintenance Technician– At the core of the Maintenance Technician’s position is performing general maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings. This requires practical skill and knowledge in such trades as painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, mechanical, and electrical work. It is essential that the maintenance technician has strong leadership skills and the ability to successfully coordinate multiple priorities, capitalizing on his or her superior communication skills to achieve results. The Maintenance Technician will assist the Manufacturing Engineer in organizing and monitoring the equipment and facility while implementing necessary interventions for improvement. He or she will work closely with the Manufacturing Engineer to ensure the efficient and cost effective use of resources (material and personnel) to achieve production goals. In the Manufacturing Engineer’s absence, this position will also direct the flow of work through the facility. The maintenance technician works with demonstrated self-motivation and independence in carrying out duties with limited supervision.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Fostering a culture of safety and quality; modeling safety and quality for the organization.
- Analyzing problems and implementing corrective actions; providing feedback to the Operations team.
- Assisting the Manufacturing Engineer to coordinate and schedule personnel, material and equipment resources to meet monthly production goals in accordance with the sales schedule; coordinating with other departments and management to prevent and resolve issues
- Making recommendations to resources use and to maintain consistent flow through the shop; in the manufacturing engineers? absence, working with the VP Operations to manage facility resources to reduce costs and improve productivity; making recommendations for and implementing improvements to the production process and facilities
- Acting as a change agent; eliminating waste in processes, resources and materials; driving waste out of the organization through the utilization of high performing teams;
- Preparing and maintaining maintenance reports;
- Ensures accurate, up-to-date records of inventory in maintenance areas; completes necessary forms or paperwork for documentation
- Interprets plant layout and oversee rearranging process
- Oversees and participates in counting, weighing, and measuring incoming or outgoing items to compare identifying information and verify against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records.
- Fills orders and issues materials and supplies per requests; documents transactions, prepares requisitions and computes costs: keeps records of storeroom inventory
- Perform all duties in a safe manner in compliance with local, state, federal regulations and company policies.
- Perform all preventative maintenance duties to equipment.
- Continually monitor equipment and make necessary adjustment(s) to ensure proper operation.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Company and OSHA standards.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- Willingness and ability to successfully complete required training courses/materials as scheduled, possibly outside of normal work hours.
- Employ lean manufacturing project improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS for Maintenance Technician
- 2+ years’ experience in an industrial setting, has experience with painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, mechanical, and electrical work.
- Contagious enthusiasm for achieving performance initiatives, encourages others to perform at a high level
- Demonstrates superior safety, housekeeping and quality expectations
- Strong mechanical aptitude and hands-on material experience
- Must have a strong process and continuous improvement orientation
- Computer skills, including documents, such as spreadsheets; comfortable learning new computer applications as needed
- Thrives in a high pressure, changing environment
- Must be a willing change agent
- Ability to engage the workforce, fostering a culture where associates are enthusiastic about their work and strive to further the organization; thoughtfully considers personnel issues and is flexible to reach solutions
- Builds robust relationships with colleagues from all departments including sales, engineering, procurement, manufacturing, suppliers, and members of the domestic and international sales teams
- Ability to extract, organize, analyze and report data in a manner that is relevant for making business decisions and is useful to others in the organization
- Looks for and implements efficiencies for preventative maintenance, spare machine parts, and maintenance supplies; possesses strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Grasps short and long-term goals and works with strategic focus; sound planning skills
- Ability to plan and control workflow, materials and other resources to minimize costs and equipment downtime
- Attention to detail; ensures that all work and reports are free of errors
- Preparedness; arrives prepared for meetings, equipped with logical, creative solutions to problems
- Computer skills working with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work flexible hours, as required OPTIONAL SKILLS:
- Specific, prior repair and preventative maintenance (PM) experience with any of the following equipment is highly desired but not mandatory: CO2 cutting lasers, overhead crane hoists, air compressor systems, fork/scissor lifts, industrial rollup doors, Promix paint booth systems, press brakes, shears and rollers, & HVAC systems.