|Date Posted||August 24, 2018|
Basic job information:
- Restoration of brick and block, tuck pointing.
- Measures distance from reference points and marks guidelines on working surface to lay out work.
- Spreads soft bed (layer) of mortar that serves as base and binder for masonry pieces, using trowel.
- Applies mortar to end of masonry pieces and positions block in mortar bed.
- Taps block with trowel to level, align, and embed in mortar, allowing specified thickness of joint.
- Removes excess mortar from face of masonry pieces, using trowel.
- Finishes mortar between brick with pointing tool or trowel.
- Breaks bricks to fit spaces too small for whole brick, using edge of trowel or brick hammer.
- Fastens brick or terra cotta veneer to face of structures, with tie wires embedded in mortar between bricks, or in anchor holes in veneer brick.
- Determine vertical and horizontal alignment of courses, using plumb bob, gage line (tightly stretched cord), and level.
- May be designated according to material used as Cinder-Block Mason, Bricklayer, or Stone Mason.
Mason Tenders will be laborers for the mason.
- Mixing mortar, stocking brick and block, needs to keep the mason rolling.